Sign in to follow this  
garrymol

Trackhat,trackir and ChasePlane

Hi

was wondering if=- anyone on here has managed to get The track hat working with ChasePlane yet

James over at the trackhat website has said if you download trackir and use it with trackhat and chase plane it will work but unless i am missing something there is no options available within the trackir software the camera tab is greyed out so wont recognize anything

Thanks

Garry

Hi

was wondering if=- anyone on here has managed to get The track hat working with ChasePlane yet

Garry, my wireless TrackHat is working fine with ChasePlane and P3D on my system. I'm using that with the TrackIR camera. Note that FSFX should be selected in the "Title" tab. (Download the current 'games' file from Natural Point if you don't see the FSFX option).

Are you using Natural Point's current TrackIR version 5.4 software? Is the usual TrackIR screen working and resetting using the F12 key as usual, before loading the sim? If that's working ok while using your TrackHat then it should work with FSX / P3D (or any other TrackIR-enabled sim) as well.

I've found that on occasion the selected VC or outside view doesn't load correctly at first, but hitting F12 usually corrects that. If not restarting ChasePlane does.

Maury Pratt

Thanks for the reply Maury

i don't have trackir camera only ps3 been in touch with James at trackhat and it is incompatible at the moment there is a work around i can use which works ok till it is sorted for chase plane

Regards

Garry

Trackhat is in contact with us, they sent us the hardware and we'll investigate as soon as we have everything to test the system

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for the reply Maury

i don't have trackir camera only ps3 been in touch with James at trackhat and it is incompatible at the moment there is a work around i can use which works ok till it is sorted for chase plane

Regards

Garry

What is the work around?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

i have chase plane connected to Xbox controller for all views and have assigned a button to toggle chase plan on and off when i want to use trackhat....

Was just wondering if there's any progress with Trackhat compatibility - I'm using opentrack and, like garrymol, utilising the work around. Also, many thanks for what is a very impressive programme.

Hi Vincent.

Thanks for the link and the info.

Finally have it working in a fashion as you say it needs some tweaking but at least we are getting somewhere...

I will post on the Trackhat forum to try and push James

Thanks Again

Garry