Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

SMP v3 , SMP v4, RWC and Xplane11

I contacted SMP (12-29-2016) via their web page (Contact us link) and asked a couple questions about SMP v4 and WRC but have not received a reply.

I wrote/asked:

"I purchased SMP v3 and RWC v1 ($60) May 2016 for XP10.

I got e-mail today to upgrade to SMP v4 at a discount.

1)  Is this to upgrade both SMP and RWC?

I have not purchased Xplane11 .. which is still in Beta as far as I know.

I want to wait for XP11 to be released and working before purchasing it.

2) When I do purchase XP11 will my original SMPv3 and RWC work in XP11?"

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1.- You get a discount for SMPv4 (code is only valid for 60 days) , RWC is a free upgrade.

2.- SMPv3 works in XP11, not as good as SMPv4.

I got this video with XP11 - SMPv3 - RWC 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb3jddcrGB4

and this one with XP11 - SMPv4 - RWC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5oi9L9eICs

Alex,

Thanks for the answers and your videos .. I'll have a look at them.

Xplane11 may not be released before the SMP v4 discount coupon ends. Not good.

Borana ranch .. nice.

Best Regards,

Alex,

Xplane11 may not be released before the SMP v4 discount coupon ends. Not good.

At that time I would pay a look also elsewhere...

At that time I would pay a look also elsewhere...

Yes, I reviewed several pages of this forum .. and on page 3 I seen a post subject:
X-Aviation has seemed to retreat into forum 'run silent, run deep'... by Sesquashtoo

The first line reads:
"Since SMP4 came out...there was regular forum injection from Cameron and SunDog,.....
then XEnviro up-take took off like a rocket, despite the price-hurdle, and it seems X-Aviation has taken her below the waves.."

Maybe this XEnviro is ok .. both it and SMP full price about the same $$ for XP10 and XP11.

Best Regards,

Maybe this XEnviro is ok .. both it and SMP full price about the same $$ for XP10 and XP11.

After buying XEnviro I could remove "maybe" from your sentence although actually to me costed much more owning SMP3

• Upvote 1

You said in your first post that you already own SMP v3. An upgrade for $20 isn't a huge investment to check out the new features. And there are some new features, even if it looks about the same at first glance. 

I've been testing both XEnviro and SkyMaxx Pro 4. XEnviro does a better job of showing the high altitude environment for airliners, but it has problems for me with server drop-outs, and some very bad visual glitches closer to ground level. You're also very limited in being able to adjust the weather compared to SkyMaxx Pro, since right now it only shows current injected weather (with an option to just remove the weather completely to CAVOK conditions). It also doesn't sync with the ATIS info on the map.

XEnviro has a lot of promise, but right now it feels very much like an "early access" or Beta level product to me. SkyMaxx Pro isn't as realistic looking in some cases, especially at high altitude, but it's a more stable product. And you can still use the XP11 weather page to adjust the weather.

You may be able to make a decision between the two based on screen shots or video clips, but really the only way to do this in a completely informed way, is to buy both products and compare on your system and in the places you like to fly. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

After buying XEnviro I could remove "maybe" from your sentence

Roger that.

You said in your first post that you already own SMP v3. An upgrade for $20 isn't a huge investment to check out the new features. And there are some new features, even if it looks about the same at first glance.

Thanks for the feedback and additional information in your post. Much appreciated.

Actually, I just wanted to wait for XP11 to release and get some first impressions of it here on the forum before I purchased XP11 or SMP/RWC (with coupon).

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,