Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Big Tin Payware options for XP11? Aka 737+/A320 etc.. Fspassengers equiv?

I'm still relatively new to XP11 (i swap between P3D/XP11 now mostly + aerofly fs2 mainly in VR/rift), though i'm growing more used to it and growing is my library of aircraft.  I'm primarily a GA person, but i'd like to buy a few payware big tin aircraft to learn how to use them and do longer hauls.

I know this has been asked before, but i'm trying to be more specific.. 

So in layman terms.. what payware should I consider and what do they have that freeware options dont have (IE: better dynamics, etc)?

I havent really used any of the P3D PMDG planes thus far, but people always rave on these and only the Douglas exists for XP so far.

I'd like at least one to have full autopilot and auto landing ability.. i'm guessing this means 747+? (or A320? unsure).. It would be a bonus if they included built in tutorials on startup procedures etc (visual).

Here is what i've gathered so far:

X-Aviation IXEG 737 classic (no auto landing/gps etc due to being an older "classic")   $74

Flight Factor 767-300 $64.95

Flight Factor 777-200LR  Worldliner Professional $59.95 (vs the extended version which appears to have more jets for $84   )

SSG 747-8  $55.95 (lists XP11 specifically compatible unlike the others) 

JARDesign Airbus A320 Neo $59.95 

Are these the core choices for XP at this point, I would assume?

What do these have that some of the freeware/built in versions do not have?

And i'm also curious how they differ from something like a PMDG version?

The last question, was whether there is some sort of FScaptain or FSpassengers equivalent on the XP platform, or a way to make FSP work like you can with some other (XPUIPC type) addons?  IE: xpassenger one example perhaps?  In that same arena maybe a Latitude equivalent for general flying ratings?  ( i do know that FS flying school will have an xp11 version eventually, so thats one equivalent i suppose)

I guess i wouldnt go right out and buy the ones that arent for XP11, unless the devs say the upgrade for an XP11 version will come free, id put that in a holding pattern

Thanks in advance for any details here.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I bought IXEG 737 and very happy with it. Even though it's no yet officially compatible with XP11, it runs pretty good. There is a road map to completed many systems but even right now  737 is definitely quality of PMDG.

I also got FF 757 v2. It looks nice and has already XP11 support. But I haven't explore it sufficiently. 

JAR designed officially states that there will be separate version for XP11, so I will wait.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

+1 To the OP's question and would like to add a regional jet to the list for comment/opinion: JRollon CRJ-200 currently on sale for $39.95.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

+1 To the OP's question and would like to add a regional jet to the list for comment/opinion: JRollon CRJ-200 currently on sale for $39.95.

Nice option it appears (at least at first glance).. and XP11 out of the box

It would also be nice if Reality Expansion packs had some options for big tins, but maybe these type of realism options are built into these bigger paywares

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

The last question, was whether there is some sort of FScaptain or FSpassengers equivalent on the XP platform, or a way to make FSP work like you can with some other (XPUIPC type) addons?  IE: xpassenger one example perhaps?  In that same arena maybe a Latitude equivalent for general flying ratings?  ( i do know that FS flying school will have an xp11 version eventually, so thats one equivalent i suppose)

I guess i wouldnt go right out and buy the ones that arent for XP11, unless the devs say the upgrade for an XP11 version will come free, id put that in a holding pattern

Thanks in advance for any details here.

the below free plugins work in xp11 and they could add perhaps something :

* FSFO http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxutil&DLID=189946  (with xpuipc)

* Landing rate plugin http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/7995-landing-speed-plugin/

* Cabin announcements http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34723-3jcabin-sounds-sound-engine-plugin/

This thread is about "MyPassengerx" seems in alpha stage but later for xp11 http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/108724-mypassengerx-plugin/&page=2#comment-1103487

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Nice option it appears (at least at first glance).. and XP11 out of the box

It would also be nice if Reality Expansion packs had some options for big tins, but maybe these type of realism options are built into these bigger paywares

I believe Simcoders REP engine for airliners is not in their plans. As you've noted, the airliners already contain much of what REP does.

Regarding your initial list, I would add and can say that the Flight Factor 757 v2 is fantastic and fully updated, even more so than the 767 or 777, and will fully support XP11 both now and later with an additional XP11 graphics update for free.  It's a beautiful bird, by far my current favorite, and flies/performs beautifully. 

You will be amazed at the added features a FF757 has over freeware planes.

REP is awesome too, and I own the B58 REP and C210 REP, but they are staying with small GA planes at this point.

the ssg 747 is a nice plane but nowhere near the level of the other planes. If you want deep systems simulations this is not your plane.

The FF T7 i can not recommend buying at this moment. it is due for the v2 treatment next and if the 757v2 is anything to go by, it will be at least a 40$ upgrade. so at that pricepoint i would just wait for the v2.

The 757 v2 and the 767 ( this will not get a v2 atm because it is the latest plane) are their current best offerings and are solid planes. i wouldnt say pmdg tubeliner but definately aerosoft or even above stable planes. (to speak in fsx/p3d terms)

The IXEG is often called pmdg style, as far as immersion goes it is definately up there and it is very pleasing to fly. It is not pmdg stable atm but it is at least on FF or even above. There are some quirks that can be annoying especially the gizmo soft crashes or the little bit unstable VNAV in complex routes,  but most of these should be sorted out with the upcomming 1.1 releases that is in beta testing atm

If you like steam guage planes i can't praise the 732 and the 727 from FlyJSim not high enough. They are complete study planes of the golden age. If you like VOR or CIVA navigation then this is something that really really is great. The 727 does have a 3rd party bolt on fms option but its not how you should fly this plane. Its analog joy at its finest

Jardesign is a love hate relationship. it is being constantley tinkered (320 or 330) with it but it is never really finished. JAR does support and continues to develop these planes but there are bugs that keep reapering or stay forever while others get fixed. I think its best described this way: if you flown the planes a few flights, you will realize that it likes to be flown a certain way. If you fly it this way (like not switching stuff around in the route during flight) it will work reliably. This is sometimes different then you would fly a real airbus. If you can live with that then this plane is ok, allthough i would get it during a sale at the .org as it reflects more acurately the pricepoint.

the md-80 from rotatesim is also a nice plane that works great, allthough the a.t.s super md-80 is supposed to come out soonish and is basially described as a full study simulator. 

on top of my head this is all the mayor ones.

• Upvote 2

the ssg 747 is a nice plane but nowhere near the level of the other planes. If you want deep systems simulations this is not your plane.

The FF T7 i can not recommend buying at this moment. it is due for the v2 treatment next and if the 757v2 is anything to go by, it will be at least a 40$ upgrade. so at that pricepoint i would just wait for the v2.

The 757 v2 and the 767 ( this will not get a v2 atm because it is the latest plane) are their current best offerings and are solid planes. i wouldnt say pmdg tubeliner but definately aerosoft or even above stable planes. (to speak in fsx/p3d terms)

The IXEG is often called pmdg style, as far as immersion goes it is definately up there and it is very pleasing to fly. It is not pmdg stable atm but it is at least on FF or even above. There are some quirks that can be annoying especially the gizmo soft crashes or the little bit unstable VNAV in complex routes,  but most of these should be sorted out with the upcomming 1.1 releases that is in beta testing atm

If you like steam guage planes i can't praise the 732 and the 727 from FlyJSim not high enough. They are complete study planes of the golden age. If you like VOR or CIVA navigation then this is something that really really is great. The 727 does have a 3rd party bolt on fms option but its not how you should fly this plane. Its analog joy at its finest

Jardesign is a love hate relationship. it is being constantley tinkered (320 or 330) with it but it is never really finished. JAR does support and continues to develop these planes but there are bugs that keep reapering or stay forever while others get fixed. I think its best described this way: if you flown the planes a few flights, you will realize that it likes to be flown a certain way. If you fly it this way (like not switching stuff around in the route during flight) it will work reliably. This is sometimes different then you would fly a real airbus. If you can live with that then this plane is ok, allthough i would get it during a sale at the .org as it reflects more acurately the pricepoint.

the md-80 from rotatesim is also a nice plane that works great, allthough the a.t.s super md-80 is supposed to come out soonish and is basially described as a full study simulator. 

on top of my head this is all the mayor ones.

Ill hold off on thinking about the 777 till the v2 comes out.. thanks for that tip..

On the subject of an a320/330.. is jar design the only contender, despite the drawbacks i assume?

Regarding your initial list, I would add and can say that the Flight Factor 757 v2 is fantastic and fully updated, even more so than the 767 or 777, and will fully support XP11 both now and later with an additional XP11 graphics update for free.  It's a beautiful bird, by far my current favorite, and flies/performs beautifully. 

You will be amazed at the added features a FF757 has over freeware planes.

REP is awesome too, and I own the B58 REP and C210 REP, but they are staying with small GA planes at this point.

Thanks for the info.. earlier today i opted for the 767-300 FF.. i guess maybe i should have grabbed the 757 V2.. now maybe ill add that one :)

Not exactly FSPax, but Air Hauler 1 should keep on working with X-Plane 11 as long as XPUIPC is funtional.

I use it with X-Plane 10 without problems. But there are some drawbacks:

It doesn't work with the Steam version of X-Plane, only boxed and digital download.

Aircraft imports can only be done in 32bit mode (flying jobs itself can then be done in 64bit mode wothout issues), so that won't be an option for X-Plane 11. You would need to import your aircraft in X-Plane 10.

That being said, I didn't try it with X-Plane 11 yet because I still fly 10 exclusively, while my 11 installation waits for it's first real use short of some testing around.

Ill hold off on thinking about the 777 till the v2 comes out.. thanks for that tip..

On the subject of an a320/330.. is jar design the only contender, despite the drawbacks i assume?

Thanks for the info.. earlier today i opted for the 767-300 FF.. i guess maybe i should have grabbed the 757 V2.. now maybe ill add that one :)

the jar is the only with a viable 3d cockpit. i would suggest waiting until easter sale or some other sale and get the jar for 39 dollars that is more reasonable.

the 767 is not "worse" if you can use the word. basically the 757 v2 has gotten all the advancements of the 767 backported and some new textures and cockpit. So basically the 757 has been brought up to 767 standards. Thats why the 767 will get updated to xp11 for free aswell as the 757v2.

I cannot fully recommend CRJ200. FMS mode does not capture in XP11 for most people due to apparent incompatibility with some common plug ins. It's a nice plane otherwise. IXEG 737 Is awesome. I find it better than the PMDG 737 in some ways. Very immersive textures and sound. I've had some rare crashes in XP11, but, once the APU is turned on in PlaneMaker, it works great.

IXEG 737 Is awesome. I find it better than the PMDG 737 in some ways. Very immersive textures and sound. I've had some rare crashes in XP11, but, once the APU is turned on in PlaneMaker, it works great.

HI...does the FMC, Autopilot, VNAV/LNAV all work ok in XP11 currently?

HI...does the FMC, Autopilot, VNAV/LNAV all work ok in XP11 currently?

Yes, all work fine.