Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

How To Upgrade From 3.3.5.17625 To 3.4

I must of been asleep since September. I didn't realize the 3.4 has been out since then. I am thinking I should upgrade to 3.4 just to be current. But don't understand how much may be involved. My 3.3.5 is running fine except CTD on long flights. I don't want to have to reinstall my add-ons. Could someone please tell me how much trouble it will be to upgrade.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken 

Hello Bill,

No trouble at all to Update.  What Add On's do you have currently Installed ? 

You can Update to the most current version of Prepar3D V3.4 (18.19475)  by just Installing the Client Update  Note:  Prepar3D v 3.4 (18.19475)  is a complete Whole Version of Prepar3D with all Hotfix's and Minor versions Included 

Click here to Update with the Client only Updating the Client

To Update Content and Or Scenery as well Updating Client, Content and Or Scenery

I just completed this a few hours ago without incident.

Good luck!

Mark

Elaine,

I followed your instructions. Deleting Client, CFG and Shader folder. Restarted computer after installing client. I'm getting an "Error website call failed. Pleas check internet connectivity. (9101). When I'm asked for activation information. I turned off my windows firewall.

Also why would I want to update content and or scenery?

Error website call failed. Pleas check internet connectivity. (9101)

Hello,

There are many reasons why you will see this message, First Insure you are inputting your LicenseID Not your CustomerID when Activating Prepar3D  

Failing that,  Have a read through this post to see if this helps  https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119877#p138595

Also why would I want to update content and or scenery?

When a new Update to Prepar3D is released, Client is the primary update (Main Update) But also Content and Scenery may receive updates as well  "Fix's and Improvements"  you can read them here and decide if you want (Need) these  http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/what_is_new/new_v34.html

Elaine,

Thanks for your reply.

I had to activate using the activation from another computer procedure. Have never had that problem before. Or other P3D updates. Any way, I'm ok now. Had to update 2 other 3rd party programs. But not your problem.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken