Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Undocking FS9 Windows while using Windows 10

Since switching to Windows 10, I have had very few problems running FS9. There have been a couple of minor utilities that no longer work but almost everything has remained the same as before. Except for one problem I haven't been able to solve..........

I use three monitors (dual video cards)  and over the years developed a way of handling more complex aircraft like the Dreamfleet/Flight 1 727 by pulling up 2D panels such as the throttle quadrant, avionics panel etc., then undocking the windows and moving them to the two side monitors. When I then went to full screen, I would fly from the VC in the middle monitor but to the sides would have access to particular panels that were large and easy to read. It really gave me the best of both worlds - the immersion and realism of the VC mode with the large, easier to read 2-D panels.

Windows 10 won't let me do that. If I stay in windowed mode it works okay but for me, flying in windowed mode is a "realism killer." But if I go to full screen, the two side screens go crazy, flashing on and off or the whole thing simply gives a CTD.

Is there a work-around that anybody knows about?

It's not a huge deal, but from time to time I find myself really missing the convenience. With a complex aircraft like the 727 that had a three person crew, having to look around the VC and zooming in so you can see details on the autopilot or fuel panel etc. is anoying and sometimes downright dangerous. (Virtually of course! LOL)

Can someone can help me out? If you do, remember that I'm an old guy who seems to be becoming less and less technologically-literate by the day so will need some simple instructions and maybe a little coaching if there's any software tweaks involved.

Cheers

Ian