Sign in to follow this  

PMDG NGX Youtube Tutorials

On 4/21/2017 at 9:35 PM, WebMaximus said:

My example is during approach where slowing down can sometimes be a challenge depending on the situation, after getting shortcuts from ATC etc.

Having to switch EAI on at that moment isn't exactly what you're looking for and once/if you exit the clouds or the temp increases to at or above +10C meaning you can switch EAI off again you do want your thrust setting to return to where it was before you switched EAI on.

That however doesn't seem to be the case in the NGX unless you recycle the A/T. And this is without the flaps in landing configuration nor EAI enabled.

Give it a go yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah that shouldn't happen unless there is something I don't know about! Determining flight idle/approach idle is purely a function of the EEC in the real aircraft. Turning on EAI will give you a little bit more thrust but on the whole won't make a significant increase to extra track miles, especially below FL100 compared to say extending the Speedbrake. It's never crossed my mind when turning it on how are we going to deal with this extra energy! I've never used the TAI function in the DES FORECAST page either!

On 4/23/2017 at 9:49 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Ooh, I just thought of one that I know myself and many others have had a lot of questions about: operating the weather radar. Besides just turning it on and running it with the default settings, just what can be done with all those buttons for the WXR?

The PMDG WX Radar is different to the ones we have installed.

We have the Bendix RDR - 4B with manual tilt and the newer aircraft are fitted with the Honeywell RDR - 4000 with Auto tilt. I'd consult the NGX manual on that one! 

New circling tutorial is up! Enjoy! 

Have a great weekend! 

Hello!

I really enjoy your tutorials! Can you make a tutorial for some "special functions" on the fmc on the 737? I had for example for a long time no clue that there is a function for the pseudo waypoints (enter VOR or fix name and radial/distance into the legs page).

Or better asked, which functions of the fmc is the real world pilot most commonly using the whole day? For planing, changing and monitoring the flightplan?

Kind regards!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020