Sign in to follow this  
GoneMissed

CH Yoke + Pedals for $200 (used) or CH Eclipse for $280 (new)

As in the title, on ebay there is a CH Yoke and CH Pedals for $200AUD which are at least 9 years old. Alternatively I was looking at a new CH Yoke Eclipse for $280, brand new.

I currently have an X52 with no pedals, personally I think I would be happy with the paddle rudder pedals on the Eclipse (only fly airliners) but it would be great to have proper pedals. I suppose it comes down to the regular CH yoke vs the CH Eclipse, is there a big difference? Unable to find a decent direct comparison between the two.

I would continue to use my X52 as a throttle.

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers,

Joe.

Hi Joe,

Before you buy anything used, you should ask yourself a couple of questions

1. Why is the owner selling the product

2. Is there any kind of warranty or guarantee

My gut advice is to forget about buying a 9 'year old product subject to normal wear and tear. Instead, bite the bullet, spend more for a new unit, and seek recourse from the seller in the event the product does not work as advertised.

The ancient Romans got it right: Caveat Emptor, in English, let the buyer beware.

Sherm

Hi Joe,

As someone who has used full CH setup since game port days (before USB) - - - I've found that the rudder pedals just don't work for me... I do have them - but I unplugged them long ago after about a dozen uses as I just can't get comfortable at my desk with them... Your mileage may vary...

My solution for the rudder is to use the CH Pro Throttle which has a micro joystick that you use with your thumb - it works very well and it's completely second nature now even though I fly real planes with rudder pedals... Just might save you a few bucks...

All said and done - I'm very happy with my CH products - they might not be the prettiest or have some bling the other brands push - but they're a sturdy - middle of the road - well built product - that holds up to years of use/abuse...

I'd be leery of used products as well - with any mechanical product the parts do wear out over time... I'm on my second set of CH products since the advent of USB - but my stuff gets a lot of use...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yoke and Pedals

$200AUD = ~$150US

That does seem a little rich for a 9-year old set of controls. While I have had fantastic longevity out of my CH kit (same thing - yoke and pedals), I don't think I'd be up for spending that sort of money on a used pair, especially considering my "original" CH set started getting flakey after about 10 years of service.

The Eclipse yoke seemed to be far too "busy" for my liking. I gave it some thought, but when my nearly 10-year old CH yoke buttons died out a few years ago, I stuck with what I knew and bought the same basic CH yoke new.

If the rudder pedals are your primary interest, I'd consider a new set for yourself. You'll have a far better chance of getting a good lifespan out of a new set instead a used one.

• Upvote 1