Sign in to follow this  
caaront

MAXX FX is a must have for X-Plane 10 and 11

My goodness, I don't care a ton for the preset effects, but might have fun with them, but under the power user setting, you have a bunch of sliders, and in a few seconds can get rid of the washed out look, I love it.

I am definitely an X-Plane fan now, and this really adds some depth to XP11.

zLqK59n.jpg

YmGrI6y.jpg

OxhunpG.jpg

• Upvote 1

Aaron Tirrell

I am sure it looks great on your monitor while flying but those screenshots look rather grey, as if all the light and white has been Photoshopped out of it. Nevertheless, I can imagine that an addon like this might be nice to have to suit anyone's personal taste.

I am on a 55" HDTV.

I darkened the sim a bit, as the colors were so light, faded, washed out, that it was like trying to fly with the ole eyes dilated, just brightness, with very little color, and feeling like you were snow blind.

On my HDTV they look green-grass- blue-sky, white with a touch of grey/blue tint-clouds, brown-deer, etc...

Where with default, it was yellow whitish with a barely perceptible hint of green-grass, white with just a hint of the palest barely there blue-sky, white on white on white with almost nary a hint of any shade at all-clouds, yellow and mustard baby crap shading-deer, etc...

For me, on my screen, 95.795% better.

Thank you, I am sure it looks different on a monitor.

Aaron Tirrell

Guest Mik75

MaxxFX is definitely a must have!

I find it tricky to set up especially contrast as it could darkens the cockpit easily.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Guest Mik75

I find it tricky to set up especially contrast as it could darkens the cockpit easily.

These controls have a lot of power, so one has to take care and make tiny adjustments. They go a long way. I use it on every flight an in every screenshot.

What's with the deers on the strip? Do they come with default X11? Very cool!

• Upvote 1

Yes.  Deer and flocks of birds are depicted in X-Plane.  I know that bird strikes are modeled to some extent, but I don't know about the deer.  I always ghosted through them in X-Plane 10, but maybe I didn't have something configured correctly.

Yeah, they default to "on." Meant to be an occasional runway hazard, especially on grass strips like that. 

Note that this is combined with "birds" which can also cause an occasional bird strike, and that's different from bird strikes as a failure mode in the failures menu. Very annoying.... I had a bird strike take out the instrument panel in a FSEConomy flight when I started using the XP11 betas. This used to be something you could check on and off in the render settings menu in XP10, now it's buried in a .prf file. 

Since I don't ever want a random bird strike taking out a FSEconomy flight, I turned it off. It's controlled by the following variable in the /Output/preferences/X-Plane.prf file. Set it to zero if you don't want deer and birds: 

renopt_deer_birds 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

You can also hit the deer, I think I have on one occasion (although I switched them off after them appearing all the time)

Reshade is the best.

• Upvote 1

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

...you have a bunch of sliders, and in a few seconds can get rid of the washed out look, I love it.

"Washed out look"?  You mean the very realistic haze and limited view distances that were introduced in X-Plane 11?  That's one of the best new features!  Real life is not sharp as a tack to the horizon.

• Upvote 4

Yep. Agree with most, mot really sure what I'm supposed to bee seeing here..

I purchased skymaxx pro, and soundmaxx, but when looing ad maxxfx wasn't convinced it was something I needed/wanted.