Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Ultimate Traffic Live - New AI Traffic Program coming soon?

I struggle with the "demand" for live AI .....!

many if not most sim historic ... time of  day with matching diurnal weather .. for a range of reasons (eg there's no weather for longitudes west unless its historic / yesterday's at least unless of course you can enjoy a daytime flight as you look out your "cockpits" midnite sky).

like AS16,  will UTL have an historic data feature ... I can't imagine leaving KSFO @ my 1800 sim / local & having no traffic !! 

for now, cheers

john martin

like AS16, will UTL have an historic data feature ... I can't imagine leaving KSFO @ my 1800 sim / local & having no traffic !!

Which is another reason to use stored flight plans instead of going "live" live.

In it's current state, all that the UT2 devs would have to do is to implement a download service that feeds into the already present flight database - and they could call it "live" without changing anything else.

LORBY-SI

Something else they could do with improving is the repaint database itself. When I first installed UT2 in FSX several years ago, I deliberately disabled the Daedalus colour scheme because the last thing I wanted to see with real world flightplan software installed was a fleet of generic repaints! Unfortunately, this highlighted just how many airline repaints were missing in the default database, and I ended up with rather barren looking airports (even the large ones). This is why I decided to build my own database of airlines and models for the UK and Ireland. I would hope that any new version of Ultimate Traffic would include a much greater number of airlines, including cargo operators.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

if the dev(s) are back then does F1 plan to fix the disappearing traffic over water bug of UT2? Earlier it was told they were unable to reach the developers but now why not. Not everyone would want to move to a new Live version to have it fixed.

I can confirm that during testing, I and other beta testers have indeed encountered AI traffic in both direction on several flights.

RJAA - PNHL & KLAX - NZAA over the weekend produced traffic.

Regards.

Brett.

I would suggest (if possible) a way to add repaints like PMDG, and Aerosoft do for their aircraft.

Simply push "Add,  delete, or change" livery and it does so automatically for specific airline/ aircraft from a repaint downloaded and put into a "repaint" file by the user.

This makes it easier, and would probably keep us in the "loop" as far as new repaints created by re painters (thanks a lot for your hard work) are concerned.

Since I lost my D drive on the day I wanted to back up my "complete AI" repaint folder, I can attest to the fact that it is quite an undertaking to redo all repaints replacing Daedalus (search for on multiple sites, download, copy and paste,edit, etc., etc.) and then to include them using the UT2 interface.

• Upvote 1

Waleed N

Hi Folks,

Yeah - since my move to P3D - I've purchased Ultimate Traffic and been pretty disappointed - if you disable the Dadalus generics - sliders all maxed - I get very little commercial air traffic... I remember using Fly Tampa Buffalo (KBUF) during testing - no matter the time of day or day of the week - I would get (1) plane - there might have been a time I saw (2)... I don't get it - print the schedule for the airport and there appears to be many flights scheduled... Other airports are similarly light - with little variety - although the big mega airports have a few more planes... I truly miss WOAI with FULL airports and FS9 for traffic... This will have to be one stellar package because at this point my last $50.00 seems wasted on this product - the word "Ultimate" seems a bit out of place...

If the developer is relying on the end user to download and install repaints from other sources - they should build a tool to make it very EASY for the end user to so...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott, why u miss WOAI in P3D ? - i use it without any problems, have a lot of AI - still great and still free :-)

Artur 

Hi Artur,

I had thought with many of the WOAI models being originally designed for FS9 - there was some model/texture conversion that has to take place ??? I remember trying a prop job (Henry's model C402 used by WOAI) for Cape Air and the propeller texture seemed to lose it's alpha channel when spinning...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Artur,I had thought with many of the WOAI models being originally designed for FS9 - there was some model/texture conversion that has to take place ??? I remember trying a prop job (Henry's model C402 used by WOAI) for Cape Air and the propeller texture seemed to lose it's alpha channel when spinning...Regards,Scott

The models work fine from WOAI

for the prop textures just use this tool:

(Maiw texture replacer) easy!

http://www.owlsnest.eu/phpatm/index.php?&direction=0&order=nom&directory=Tools

Hi Glenn,

Thanks - I'll take a look...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

AIFP is also highly recommended as it helps to "clear" errors in WOAI packages and convert those to P3D

Artur 

Interesting news. I switched back to standard BGL style traffic when I realised that updating flightplans using PowerPack effectively stopped ALL of my UT2 flightplans from working in P3D v3.x. On a personal note, this UT Live product will need to provide an easier way of adding new repaints to the simulator. This part of Ultimate Traffic 2 is (IMO) a pain in the backside, and it has a habit of adding default UT2 repaints to updated flightplans even when they are not required. On the other hand, UT2 does not suffer from those annoying problems where AI planes sometimes mess about for the first 20 minutes or so (drop down rapidly from higher altitudes/land short/land long/park themselves in nearby fields/approach the airport from ridiculous angles etc).

What do you mean? I use p3d 3.4 and have no issues updating schedules with the latest version of powerpack. The new ut2 schedule for summer 2016 needs a lot of airline iata code updates and i use power pack for that as well.

Well, it made a right mess of mine, and the thought of adding all of those airlines and repaints again one by one made me switch to the standard BGL style system for my flightplans.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wish develops would fix their products instead of doing a Madonna and remarking them selves to release themselves again as "brand new"

The developer up and left ut2 and the support forumn Was left in a right mess with only a handful of people helping out, dave Yvr, hanstead and myself.

Whilst it's simple to import tt tools schedules from avsim or ai alpha and import liveries, the software was buggy as hell, you couldn't use ai aircraft with " in its title, no ai over water, and incorrect airline codes all over the place. I know I spent hours changing and fixing stuff.

When all the above was raised the developer ###### off, did a bbs/pss and left.

Then they released a summer 2016 schedule which was full of inaccuracies yet again.

You watch he be along in a minute to tell us the stand crap developers use now a days "we've got 1000s of happy customers"

14ppkc-6.png

Ive been working for a week now to correct my repaints as well as the incorrect iata codes with this moat recent schedule. If there isnt an issue in it, i can upload my fix. This will of course be without the textures but i can change over the various aircraft.cfgs to a generic title bht listing the proper textures. From there people can go out and get em