Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Ultimate Traffic Live - New AI Traffic Program coming soon?

When all the above was raised the developer ######, did a bbs/pss and left.

+1

He won't get another dollar off me.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

One other limitation in ut2 is inability to assign special aircraft repaints to specific tail numbers or properly distinguish special painted aircrafts from normal ones in a compiled ut2 database. only provided is the ability to limit number of such repaints to be assigned which get randomly distributed. I imagine it would be just a matter of extending/enhancing the UI. Could be this was dropped due to most tail numbers in stock database being fictious.

Actually it is possible to assign special aircraft repaints and distinguish them from the normal ones. I did this to all of my add-on AI Schedules and repaints when I was replacing the default UT2 airlines with better quality models. Anyway you just have to change the UI Variation line for each texture in the aircraft.cfg files. For special paints you can change those lines to have the name of the paint such as "American Airlines - TWA Heritage". Once you do this you will see the regular American Airlines paint and an American Airlines - TWA Heritage in your repaint list. When you assign paints to the 737s for example you would assign the regular AAL paints to an unlimited amount of aircraft and then assign the special TWA paint to just the number 1 so it will be assigned to just 1 aircraft. This assigns the paint to just 1 aircraft which is randomly distributed as you said and highly realistic.

Sometimes you might run into that paint at one airport and then during the same schedule and in another session it might be at a different airport flying a different leg. Just like in real life. It takes lots of time and effort to do this for all the special paints but it's worth it.

All that being said I actually have gone back to not using UT2 and keeping all of my AI strictly BGL based mainly because of the traffic limiter programs not being able to delete the UT2 traffic without it spawning again. Doing this has improved my frame rates using the limiters and cured some of my stuttering issues I was having. I may try the new Ultimate Traffic Live in the future.

Brandon

One other limitation in ut2 is inability to assign special aircraft repaints to specific tail numbers or properly distinguish special painted aircrafts from normal ones in a compiled ut2 database. only provided is the ability to limit number of such repaints to be assigned which get randomly distributed. I imagine it would be just a matter of extending/enhancing the UI. Could be this was dropped due to most tail numbers in stock database being fictious.

I wish develops would fix their products instead of doing a Madonna and remarking them selves to release themselves again as "brand new"

The developer up and left ut2 and the support forumn Was left in a right mess with only a handful of people helping out, dave Yvr, hanstead and myself.

I remember it very well. I actually thought the way that the community pulled together (and others stepped up to help) was one of the best examples i've seen of an abandoned online population cooperating in the face of uncertainty/adversity. It was pretty bad just having the developers take a powder like that, but it was great seeing people work with each other to hold things together.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I remember it very well. I actually thought the way that the community pulled together (and others stepped up to help) was one of the best examples i've seen of an abandoned online population cooperating in the face of uncertainty/adversity. It was pretty bad just having the developers take a powder like that, but it was great seeing people work with each other to hold things together.

Agree 100%. Now he (developer) returns as if nothing was wrong. Go figure.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I also don't know how they are going to get the data to do this. If they go on FR24 data the minute the aircraft hits nmps airspace or a dodgy hf area then they will loose the feed.

14ppkc-6.png

How is the General Aviation and Private jet situatuion managed, Will there be more variation.

Thanks.

Neil

This is exactly what the world is waiting for. UT2 have always used the best AI models and have also managed to keep all their logo lights on at the gates. (Big bonus in my book)

If they update a few old airline textures this product will win win win.

UT2 was in the past the best AI addition to simming. This coming update will certainly make UT2 great again.

well done UT and welcome back!!

ice

I just hope that there is a quicker and easier method of adding new models and repaints. That was a rather time consuming (and cumbersome) task in UT2.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png