Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Ultimate Traffic Live - New AI Traffic Program coming soon?

From the Flight 1 Forums: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=14526&title=ultimate-traffic-live-beta-testers-wanted

Hi,

We have been working on an all new version of Ultimate Traffic. The next edition will be called "Ultimate Traffic Live".

In short, it takes the best of UT2, along with many new features and a new interface, and provides a totally new product from the ground up.

This will be for the FSX and Prepar3D product line.

Currently we are looking for a group of testers to start with Phase 1, which is the initial user interface.

If you have some time to devote to testing, please email Tom Main at thomas.main@aeriustraffic.com

When you write, please list the simulator you use, such as P3D 3.x, FSX, FSX Steam, P3D 2.x, etc…

Watch your spam blocker to make sure any replies are not stuck there.

We hope to have more news soon. It is still very early, so keep enjoying UT2. As things get closer more info will be posted here.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Really exciting news! Looking forward to an official supported Ulimate Traffic for Prepar3d.

Marko Barthel

vtadesign_bw.png

This will be an AI package worth having.    The skies will be busy

Sounds great to me....as i have, still use as the only AI in my sim, and absolutely still love, Ultimate Traffic 2....but....there'd be a BIG question mark for me over the dev.

I believe Tom Main (Aerius) and Tom Murdock (Flag Mountain Software) were the devs of Ultimate Traffic 2 and it was/is distributed by Flight 1.

They hung around for a bit after release in the forums etc and responding to  some initial bugs/issues and then...according to Flight 1....became uncontactable and/or failed to respond in that forum over some of the remaining  "bugs" that UT2 has such as the disappearing flights over water etc and the horrid schedule updates (in the early stages as the latter ones, whilst still horrid, I believe were nothing to do with them).

Afaik, they're back in business together as the Tracon sim-  ATCpro - seems to be a joint Aerius/Flag Mountain venture....be nice if they reappeared and maybe offered some sort of explanation over where they disappeared off to back then as it left a sour taste for me.

I'll still be watching with interest...but with a healthy dose of caution!!

Regards

Steve

• Upvote 1

For reference:

https://www.atcprosim.com/

But are the original developers involved in creating UT Live?

Jay

Tom Main is certainly one of the original devs of Ultimate Traffic.

The Flight 1 announcement asks for beta volunteers to "please email Tom Main .....at... aeriustraffic.com".

Aerius Design is also a co-dev of ATCpro alongside Flag Mountain Software (Tom Murdock's LLC) - they are/were also an developer of Ultimate Traffic 2.

So....I'd say yes - it's certain that the original developers of Ultimate Traffic 2 are involved in creating UT Live.

I'm not expecting that UT2 be fixed/updated/revisited...not at all - just be nice to know where they sodded off to back then., and looking forwards knowing that they released a product and then disappeared off the face of the earth will certainly "temper" my enthusiasm to instabuy.

I always thought it strange that in response to the numerous requests for answers/support on the official UT2 forums, Steve Halpern & Flight 1 eventually advised us that they could not contact the devs anymore and so were unable to give us any definitive answers/solutions yet they still had (& still do have) the product for sale on their website!!

I seem to remember back then suggesting that Flight 1 should simply stop sending them any further proceeds from the sale of UT2...I'm sure that would have prompted a response from the two Tom's pretty darned quick!!

Regards

Steve

• Upvote 2

Sounds great to me....as i have, still use as the only AI in my sim, and absolutely still love, Ultimate Traffic 2....but....there'd be a BIG question mark for me over the dev.

Yup, I posted a warning here on the forums millennia ago when things began to go south. I would have some questions now, with that past in my mind.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yup, I posted a warning here on the forums millennia ago when things began to go south. I would have some questions now, with that past in my mind.

I'd wager that if you heard a rumor that they were developing UT Live for Aerofly FS 2, you'd forget all those questions.  :wink:

• Upvote 3

I'd wager that if you heard a rumor that they were developing UT Live for Aerofly FS 2, you'd forget all those questions.  :wink:

That was..... interesting.

Why would due caution be removed for any product, no matter for which sim, if the product history is questionable?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

if the dev(s) are back then does F1 plan to fix the disappearing traffic over water bug of UT2? Earlier it was told they were unable to reach the developers but now why not. Not everyone would want to move to a new Live version to have it fixed.

• Upvote 2

Do they also plan not to abandon the product and support like they did last time?? I'd would also be sceptical of the "live aspect" as where are they going to get their data from?? Fr24? acars positioning??

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Interesting news. I switched back to standard BGL style traffic when I realised that updating flightplans using PowerPack effectively stopped ALL of my UT2 flightplans from working in P3D v3.x. On a personal note, this UT Live product will need to provide an easier way of adding new repaints to the simulator. This part of Ultimate Traffic 2 is (IMO) a pain in the backside, and it has a habit of adding default UT2 repaints to updated flightplans even when they are not required. On the other hand, UT2 does not suffer from those annoying problems where AI planes sometimes mess about for the first 20 minutes or so (drop down rapidly from higher altitudes/land short/land long/park themselves in nearby fields/approach the airport from ridiculous angles etc).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'd would also be sceptical of the "live aspect" as where are they going to get their data from?? Fr24? acars positioning??

None of the really live services are free of charge. The cheapest legal way that I could find for the LorbyLiveTraffic was still about $2 per hour - and then the base product has to bee freeware. If you are interested, check out the thread about using live traffic data.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498408-ai-traffic-via-flightradar24/

So I suspect that the "live" part would consist of creating near-real-time flightplans for the AI, which will then fly about on their own terms. But this is still a challenge, because none of the real time datasources offer their data for free. Only the front website is free, the one that you open in your browser and enjoy a ton of advertizing popups with.

LORBY-SI