Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Trouble Updating NGX & T7 w/Navigraph

I am traveling with my MSI laptop.  I normally sim with my home PC w/Win 7 64bit.  Due to some computer problems I have installed Win 10 and FSX-SE.  This has actually worked out pretty good, and I have been simming both the NGX and T7 along with two other aircraft.  I also have the full run of REX, terrain and Radar Contact add ons.  My other two aircraft both update fine with Navigraph.  However, both the NGX and T7 do not.  Navigraph indicates it has properly downloaded and installed.  Both the NGX & T7 FMS Ident reflect the current AIRAC 7201 (I think it's 7201, but it reflects what ever the current AIRAC is if I'm not correctly remembering it), but  I also have a FMS Msg reflecting the data is out of date.  Most of the time, everything is fine, but like this morning I tried to enter a way point in the Route page, and it reflected the input was not in the data base.  So, this is the first time I have ever had this problem and am requesting any suggestions.  Thanks, Mike Nicholson.

The current cycle is 1701 with an effective date of January 5 to February 1, 2017. It should say that on the FMC IDENT page. If the date used in FSX is outside of that 28 day span, the Navdata will be shown as out of date. Not in Database message is probably the result of misspelling the waypoint.

I have 1701.  As I stated above, I just wasn't sure if I had remembered it correctly.  1701 and the effective dates are correctly reflected.  I didn't misspell the three letter VOR.  Mike Nicholson

What was the ID of the VOR in question?  It is entirely possible that it has been decommissioned or is out of service for the AIRAC period.

David Jones

David,

The way point was ESU.  I just tried this flight plan in my Majestic Dash 8 and it does appear ESU is gone.  I guess it's because VOR's are mostly shut down now.  I have a bunch of flight plans printed out with airport diagrams, approach plates, etc..  On this trip, I had not bothered to install my FSC program, but now I will.  Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.  Mike Nicholson