Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

PBR (XP11) textures for vFlyteAir Cherokee 140 / Hotfix #1 for "Glass" Cherokee

As I know some vFlyteAir customers are in this forum, but not necessarily always read our official forum at x-plane.org, I'd like to share two support news here:

1. We have released a free PBR patch kit for our Cherokee 140 (all three versions), so if you're using our Cherokees in X-Plane 11, you can have nice fuselage reflections now. We consider these textures "beta" and we cannot guarantee they will still work in the final version of X-Plane 11. The update also includes preview icons of the different liveries: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/113492-free-x-plane-11-patch-kit-for-reflections-released-beta/

2. Users of the "glass" version of the Cherokee should also download hotfix #1, which solves a problem with the CDI needle on the HSI and the localizer display on the upper part of the PFD: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/104003-hotfixes-and-patches-hotfix-1-for-glass-version-cherokee/

• Upvote 3

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thanks Mario, that's superb! I look forward to trying them out!  Any chance they include that snazzy livery you had previewed as well?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Because I've pretty much purely been flying XP10 payware in XP11, I haven't really looked much at the PBR reflections, other than on other people's screenshots. I have to say, it's pretty darn impressive, especially the first time you notice that the reflections are actually reflecting your surroundings. (I actually spent time with the camera right up close to the 140's spinner, admiring the reflected view. :smile: )

I was thinking about this today though - this is an example of Austin and crew wanting to do things, not like they are done in competing sims, but done right. And it paid off - aircraft in XP just went from having everything look sort of plastic-y, to looking absolutely phenomenal.

So when Austin talks about that kind of approach to other areas of the sim, such as not wanting to do winter with textures as in other sims but rather with shaders instead - a whole different approach, it makes me really excited for what we might see in years to come.

• Upvote 5

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Little update:

In X-Plane 11 Beta 6, our PBR normal maps were showing some strange visual artifacts on parts of the fuselage.

We have updated the three patch kits to get rid of that. Please re-download from our website.

Many thanks for the updates! It feels now perfect. It would be great if you could also update the AA5B. 

Many thanks for the updates! It feels now perfect. It would be great if you could also update the AA5B.

Only the Cherokee gets these textures for now. We use it for testing our approach on that.

All other aircraft have to wait at least some time after XP11 is officially available. We do also not know yet if all models get a XP11 treatment, or what this will cost.

I don't own this aircraft but great to see that a developer is acting. I understand that it is difficult with a beta as target but still, that's what I call progress.

Hans

Only the Cherokee gets these textures for now. We use it for testing our approach on that.

All other aircraft have to wait at least some time after XP11 is officially available. We do also not know yet if all models get a XP11 treatment, or what this will cost.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for clarifying.

Well. Plans have changed a bit -- we WILL release XP11 texture patch kits for Traveler and Tiger soon, because a regular update (still XP10) will be available in a few days. There are quite a few bugs in these models, and Walker has fixed them and he also created PBR textures at the same time. So, if we already have them, why not release? :) So, in a few days you first get the regular update and then download the PBR textures and apply them on the update.

Well. Plans have changed a bit -- we WILL release XP11 texture patch kits for Traveler and Tiger soon, because a regular update (still XP10) will be available in a few days. There are quite a few bugs in these models, and Walker has fixed them and he also created PBR textures at the same time. So, if we already have them, why not release? :) So, in a few days you first get the regular update and then download the PBR textures and apply them on the update.

Good news. Thank you very much!

:good:

Awesome news.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Is there any news? I don`t want miss a thing. Thanks in advance!