Sign in to follow this  
dacostad

Video of a flight in my Boeing 737-800 cockpit

Oh dear... that makes my Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Rudder pedals with TrackIr look like default 737 next to PMDG one.... 

I am SO impressed. 

Tomasz Zawadzki

rb_banner_driver.png

Banner_MJC1.png

That's awesome. How many computers are running this rig?

4 high end computers that I built, one driving the Sim-Avionics software and then one each running Prepar3D for each of the 70" 4k TV's using WideView.

David

Thanks guys.

One of my goals for this year is to find someone local with more knowledge of flying the 737 (preferably a real 737 pilot or ex-pilot) who would be interested in flying in the FO position to extend my knowledge and also I think it would also make the video's even more interesting.  I still need to install a second set of rudder pedals in the FO position, but that should happen by March.

At some point I also want to make a video giving a tour of my setup.

David

Just published the first part in a series of short videos covering the basic procedures I use in my Boeing 737-800 cockpit.

I anticipate releasing each part on a weekly basis.

Not sure how useful or interesting they are to people, but at least they give a closeup view of different areas of my simulator.

Here is the link https://youtu.be/taJlfN7Ca9w

David

Very nice David, thanks so much for posting these video's there very informative. Most of us can only wish for something like this.

Cheers

Martin

That's awesome. How many computers are running this rig?

4 Computers, 1 for each 4k TV and one for Sim-A.

David

Just published the first part in a series of short videos covering the basic procedures I use in my Boeing 737-800 cockpit.

I anticipate releasing each part on a weekly basis.

Not sure how useful or interesting they are to people, but at least they give a closeup view of different areas of my simulator.

Here is the link https://youtu.be/taJlfN7Ca9w

David

Part 2 now published  https://youtu.be/4JCND2WXp2w

Please subscribe to be notified of future updates.

Thanks

David

Whereabouts in California are you David?

Angelo Cosma
PPL ASEL / IFR
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) 

Field Service Representative (SEA) ZSE ARTCC

Intel i7 6700K 4.8Ghz / ASUS ROG Maximus Hero VIII / 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Ram / EVGA 1080Ti FTW3/ Corsair H110i GTX EVGA 850 Watt Gold / Samsung 850 500gb SSD

I have to admit, when I first saw the video I thought you was in the real deal (airplane) but as far as sims go, you have the real deal.

Aaron Tirrell

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now