Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Problems with Win10 15002rs_prerelease 170102-1700 and OpenGL

You do not remember me, I remember you.  :smile:

We exchanged opinons few years ago about flight sim stuff and I still remember your nice thoughts, words and passion for flight simming, beside some not common human skills that were the main reason I remember of you as a great forumer mate.

That's a pleasure for me to see that you are still in this forum and it has been a pleasant surprise for me to spot your name here, cause I have been away for a while.

Apologize for the personal post, once in a while and about Arwen that's necessary, also to encourage the female presence, many times you are better than " us " talking about flight simming and real flight world.

Cheers

Hey Mark!  I do remember you . . . I just didn't make a connection earlier (as I'm not great remembering names).  And thank you for remembering me and for the nice comments. It is great to see you here again also.

Note: I had considered replying with just a PM, but the rest of what I wanted to write is perhaps more suited for a thread reply, and I'm too tired to post in both places tonight (was out winter hiking in the mountains today),

I also had been away from the X-Plane forums (other than occasionally stopping in to scan the threads) and have only returned since X-Plane 11's beta was released.  I've owned X-plane since version 9.0, but could never get comfortable with the previous two versions. I just never like the way the default scenery looked, nor the weather/clouds, or the way the small GA planes handled during flight. 

X-Plane 11 has improved all these things for me (with the exception of the clouds, and the ground handling) enough that I'm finally enjoying flying in this sim so much that it has become my primary flight sim.  I recently purchased Xenviro, which improved the clouds (now I'm just hoping/wishing that they add the ability to load historical weather, the way that AS16 does for P3D).  X-Plane 11 is still far from perfect (well, it is still in beta), but I've already had some of my best sim flights of all time with this latest release.  Looking for even better experiences in the future! Now if Laminar could start to notice that there are actually some females who happen to love flight sims. [is it too much to ask for an option to have a female pilot/avatar option for perhaps one livery in each GA model?]

I also wanted to let others know that I've greatly appreciated all the great posts that have been made in reply to problems and questions others have had, because I have so often also benefited from those responses.  This is a really great community and one that I'm very happy to be a part of. :)

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Hopefully you're reporting this problem back to Microsoft so that this issue is fixed before the next official version of Windows 10 is released. Earlier preview Win10 releases made it unusable for Intel graphic card users and it took MS a good five or six preview builds before they finally fixed that issue.

MS and Nvidia. But i´m only one voice. I hope more people try betas and report the problem too.

Hey Mark!  I do remember you . . . I just didn't make a connection earlier (as I'm not great remembering names).  And thank you for remembering me and for the nice comments. It is great to see you here again also.

Note: I had considered replying with just a PM, but the rest of what I wanted to write is perhaps more suited for a thread reply, and I'm too tired to post in both places tonight (was out winter hiking in the mountains today),

I also had been away from the X-Plane forums (other than occasionally stopping in to scan the threads) and have only returned since X-Plane 11's beta was released.  I've owned X-plane since version 9.0, but could never get comfortable with the previous two versions. I just never like the way the default scenery looked, nor the weather/clouds, or the way the small GA planes handled during flight. 

X-Plane 11 has improved all these things for me (with the exception of the clouds, and the ground handling) enough that I'm finally enjoying flying in this sim so much that it has become my primary flight sim.  I recently purchased Xenviro, which improved the clouds (now I'm just hoping/wishing that they add the ability to load historical weather, the way that AS16 does for P3D).  X-Plane 11 is still far from perfect (well, it is still in beta), but I've already had some of my best sim flights of all time with this latest release.  Looking for even better experiences in the future! Now if Laminar could start to notice that there are actually some females who happen to love flight sims. [is it too much to ask for an option to have a female pilot/avatar option for perhaps one livery in each GA model?]

I also wanted to let others know that I've greatly appreciated all the great posts that have been made in reply to problems and questions others have had, because I have so often also benefited from those responses.  This is a really great community and one that I'm very happy to be a part of. :)

Hi Arwen,

I am also moving to Xplane 11, that's a completely different world from P3D and FSX but it is growing on me  :smile:

See you soon !

Cheer

An update:

Only Nvidia Optimus Notebooks are affected and the problem still persists (now build 15031). A workaround is to use an external monitor/TV.

Problem solved by build 15046.0! Finally...