Sign in to follow this  
airernie

777 - Pilot's Seat

Just bought the 777, but found that the Pilot's seat is too far forward and blocking the view of the pedestal and front panel.

According to the feature photos in the manual there is supposed to be a handle which allows for setting the seat forward or backwards, but I have yet to find it on either the pilot or co-pilot's seat.

I also couldn't find anything in the manuals about adjusting the seats, so until I can move the seat the 777 remains grounded.

Any clue as to how I can find the handles?

Ernie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Various combinations of the Control, Shift, Return and Backspace keys will shift your viewpoint about in a VC.

I think maybe he means the actual seat animation is blocking his view maybe?

I think maybe he means the actual seat animation is blocking his view maybe?

Correct..  That's why changing the eyepoint or using a camera wouldn't work.

I'm new to the 777 myself and I haven't found how to move the seat. But when you first enter the cockpit, the seat is moved back by default, so I don't see how moving it forward can help. I use Ezdok, and what the guys said above is true. Adjusting your eye point further forward will allow you to see everything.

If you don't use Ezdok you can still adjust your eye point, but I can't remember if it resets to default if you go to another view.

I would definitely recommend Ezdok if you don't already have it. I find it impossible to fly without it these days. It's not expensive, and they've recently released version 2. I'm still on version 1 myself, but version 2 is meant to be much better.

It occurred to me that perhaps a photo might help explain the issue better.

the first if for the 777; http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GCJG

Notice how the headrest blocks the pedestal on the right side.  BTW, the panel view isn't as bad as I thought.

the second if for the 767; http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GCJN

I realize that they are two very different aircraft and the 777 is a new CS release, but I just wanted to show a comparison.

Ernie

Sorry mate, I'm at work, and it seems that IT have blocked that site, so I can't see your pics.

Move your viewpoint forward a bit by use of the key combinations mentioned above.

Cheers,

Dave

Yup, on that picture, your viewpoint position is 'inside' the 3D model of the seat, which is cause the blocked view, so, hold down Control and press the backspace key to shunt your viewpoint forwards so it comes out of the 3D model of the seat. If you go too far, Control and Return will shunt it backwards. Shift+Delete or Shift+Return will move your view up or down. Adjust the tilt of your view by holding down the spacebar and moving your mouse. When you've got your view where you want it, adjust the zoom with + and - and you should be good to go.

• Upvote 1

Take a look in FSX>Settings>Controls>Views (or something close -- not at my FS computer right now) and you will see the various key combinations to move and pan around the VC.  Also if your joystick has a hat switch on top it will probably allow you to pan left,right,up,down (but not move forward which is what you need).  Once you have used the key combinations to move forward, you can zoom out a little if necessary.

Mike

Thanks guy,  Issue dealt with..

As several of you have suggested it requires an eyepoint change as well as Chock's suggestion of a zoom change.

Ernie

Sign in to follow this