Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

JARDesign A320 compatibilty with XP11

Hello AVSIMmers,

Is the JARDesign A320 compatible with X-Plane 11.

Thanks

:help:  :help:  :help:

• Upvote 1

That's a good question.  If anyone knows, could they cite the source of discussion on this?  JAR Design's website doesn't officially show any support beyond 10 at the moment, at least on their product page, this is the stance.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi there,

I believe the JAR A320 is not working with xp 11 at this time. there is talk that they will update and improve this to work with xp 11 but I think they will also be charging for this work, that is the understanding I have from looking around the various Forums.

Trust this helps.

Cheers

There are a number of forum discussions about this topic already and there seems to be some conflict as it works for some but not for others, myself being one of the later.  After trying different ways to install and update, I still have issues with the A320 in XP11 and, like most, I chalk it up to XP11 beta.  Jardesign has come out and stated their products are not XP11 compatible as they are waiting for the full version to be completed, which makes sense.   

So, if you can get the APU and other systems working, you're one of the special few - be sure to buy a lotto ticket because luck is on your side.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who just has to keep trying with every XP11 beta update.  Hopefully my day will come but I've stopped holding my breath. :hi:

There are a number of forum discussions about this topic already and there seems to be some conflict as it works for some but not for others, myself being one of the later.  After trying different ways to install and update, I still have issues with the A320 in XP11 and, like most, I chalk it up to XP11 beta.  Jardesign has come out and stated their products are not XP11 compatible as they are waiting for the full version to be completed, which makes sense.   

So, if you can get the APU and other systems working, you're one of the special few - be sure to buy a lotto ticket because luck is on your side.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who just has to keep trying with every XP11 beta update.  Hopefully my day will come but I've stopped holding my breath. :hi:

I had similar issues with Carenado's products in XP11, and if their stance is the same as JAR Designs, it may be a safe approach.  I am willing to wait, since these betas are hit or miss on what works and what doesn't right now.  Better to wait for stable in the end than broken during beta, I guess.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

the last i heard is that they, once 11 is stable, make a basic compability patch of the xp10 version for free and charge for an upgrade for the xp11 run

the last i heard is that they, once 11 is stable, make a basic compability patch of the xp10 version for free and charge for an upgrade for the xp11 run

Sauce please?

Sauce please?

it was an facebook post around october in the jar design group. It was basically along the line, if xp11 does not require massive updates they will make the last xp10 update runable in xp11 without any updates.

it was an facebook post around october in the jar design group. It was basically along the line, if xp11 does not require massive updates they will make the last xp10 update runable in xp11 without any updates.

Well that sounds encouraging but I tend to take FB posts with a grain of salt.  I've been burned and learned from heresay in the past, so nowadays, I just wait to look for the officially published stances, requirements, recommendations on a product page, just to be safe.