Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Want to use Ezdok v2 in FSX and ChasePlane P3D

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

The title already explains what I do, problem is, that everytime I start P3D, and ChasePlane loads with it, it configures my FSX.cfg file (wideview entry, etc.).

How can I stop that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

+1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

A temporary fix might be to disable the CP entry in the fsx exe.xml file, run FSX and set up everything the way you want it, then exit, and make copies of the exe.xml and fsx.cfg. Then copy them back just before running FSX.

In my case, I have different exe.xml versions depending on what addons I want to run.  I have set up batch files to simply copy the appropriate version to the user/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx as needed.

The same for P3D,  user/appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3d folder.  

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Guest Mik75

A temporary fix might be to disable the CP entry in the fsx exe.xml file, run FSX and set up everything the way you want it, then exit, and make copies of the exe.xml and fsx.cfg. Then copy them back just before running FSX.

In my case, I have different exe.xml versions depending on what addons I want to run. I have set up batch files to simply copy the appropriate version to the user/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx as needed.

The same for P3D, user/appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3d folder.

Thanks for your input!

But the thing is, ChasePlane detects my FSX install and is making changes to my FSX.cfg, every time it starts with P3D, that's quite annoying.

I'm tempted to try EZDOK 2 just because I can get it for $12.00.

So, if I leave Chaseplane installed, and make a copy of my cameras.cfg, exe.xml, and Prepar3D.cfg, will I be ok if, after I'm done with EZDOK 2, just copying those files back?

P.S. I'm perfectly happy with ChasePlane, just the curious type I guess. lol

Yes,

You can switch between EZDOK1, EZDOK2 and Chaseplane, just by copying the exe.xml and cameras.cfg files as set up for each. 

I've set up some batch files to make it easier.

If I have different settings for the sim itself, I could also copy the FSX/Prepar3d . cfg files.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Guest Mik75

Yes,

You can switch between EZDOK1, EZDOK2 and Chaseplane, just by copying the exe.xml and cameras.cfg files as set up for each.

I've set up some batch files to make it easier.

If I have different settings for the sim itself, I could also copy the FSX/Prepar3d . cfg files.

Ok, I see! ;-)

But the moment CP starts with P3D, because you want it to do so and therefore changed the exe.xml that way, CP will automatically detect that I have Ezdok installed in FSX, it will tell me so with a popup and it will change the wideviewaspect in the FSX.cfg to true, right?

Guest Mik75

Any news on that?

And another thing is, that if I bind views to the 1-0 keys above the letters (not the numpad!), and I want to open a 2D panel (shift + x, in the A2A Connie, etc.), the views shift as well in CP.

That doesn't happen in Ezdok.

Any chance to change this behaviour?

Any news on that?

And another thing is, that if I bind views to the 1-0 keys above the letters (not the numpad!), and I want to open a 2D panel (shift + x, in the A2A Connie, etc.), the views shift as well in CP.

That doesn't happen in Ezdok.

Any chance to change this behaviour?

Are you using Alpha 1.5 or v0.1.97?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42