Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

Couple of questions from a beginner

Hi,

just startet with MCE and was only focussing on the co-pilot. I am flying the FSL Bus.

In ChkLists are various checklist files for the A320, which one get's applied? In addition if I go

to "Aircraft specific Commands" there is another A320 checklist/flow. I am a bit puzzeled.

I worked through a checklist "FsLabs_A320_check" which worked fine up to "Before Takeoff to the line";

when I challenged "Before Take off below the line" the co-pilot always came back with the "t/o to the line".

The co-pilot cannot adjust altitude/fl.

Select altitude to 5000, co-pilot understands and finally comes with set or okay, but nothing changed on the FCU.

Thanks

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Hi,

just startet with MCE and was only focussing on the co-pilot. I am flying the FSL Bus.

In ChkLists are various checklist files for the A320, which one get's applied? In addition if I go

to "Aircraft specific Commands" there is another A320 checklist/flow. I am a bit puzzeled.

I worked through a checklist "FsLabs_A320_check" which worked fine up to "Before Takeoff to the line";

when I challenged "Before Take off below the line" the co-pilot always came back with the "t/o to the line".

The co-pilot cannot adjust altitude/fl.

Select altitude to 5000, co-pilot understands and finally comes with set or okay, but nothing changed on the FCU.

Thanks

Peter

Welcome aboard Peter.

Regarding checklist...

By default the FSL A320 bus is tied to FsLabs_A320_check.txt

Here is how you can amend it.

Copy that file from \Multi Crew Experience\Chcklists\ folder to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Checklists\ or anywhere else you want to save it to.

Rename the checklist you copied to anything you want that reminds you what it is.

Open the copied checklist in Notepad.

If you are an airline pilot, edit it to match your airline checklist.

the checklist headers you see in the file are the actual trigger sentences for the various sections. With the keyword "checklist" appended to the speech.

For instance, right now, you have these

BEFORE TAKEOFF TO THE LINE (the trigger sentence for this section would be "before takeoff to the line checklist")

[ ]Flight Controls -- Checked
[ ]Flap Setting -- Checked

[ ]Briefing and Performance -- Confirmed
[ ]Autobrake -- Max //2
[ ]Signs -- On //2

[ ]Spoilers -- arm //2

[ ]Flaps -- aet takeoff flaps //2  (I just noticed a typo here. Should be "set takeoff flaps" or just "set")

[ ]Takeoff config -- Checked //3

[ ]Ecam Memo -- Takeoff no blue //3

BEFORE TAKE OFF BELOW THE LINE (the trigger sentence for this section would be "before takeoff below the line checklist")

[ ]Takeoff runway -- Confirmed

[ ]Packs

I'm guessing, when requesting the "below the line" section, you're naturally inclined to say "before takeoff checklist below the line".

As a result, when MCE look up the keyword checklist, it considers only "before takeoff" as the section trigger Since there is no such section, it fails.

I suggest you add another section

BEFORE TAKE OFF (the trigger sentence for this section would be "before takeoff checklist")

[ ]Takeoff runway -- Confirmed
[ ]Packs -- As Required

By the way... when these marks are appended to a checklist line...

//2 means FO only replies

//3 Both captain and FO reply

When you're done editing your custom checklist, Go to <Checklist> tab in MCE user interface and click <Change>

Browse to the location where you saved the custom checklist.

When prompted whether you want that new checklist to be the default one for the currently loaded livery, answer "Yes".

Notice, I mentioned livery. That means you need to assign it at least twice if you fly both CFM56 and IAE and that's for just one livery.

Regarding FCU...

This aircraft is very complex, for instance, there is no HDG available until IRS has finished alignment, however we've managed to give FO access to HDG, ALT, VS, QNH dialing.

The process of working them out takes a bit of time though.

When you start from cold and dark, it's going to take about 15 minutes for FO to work out the FCU (mainly due to HDG). Would normally take 5 minutes.

When ready for taxi, if you haven't yet seen "FCU Voice Control ready" in red font, restart MCE and it should get the remaining bits within a couple of minutes.

By design, as long as FO can't read VS, ALT, HDG, Efis QNH, we don't let him dial random numbers. What you reported suggests he wasn't able to read FCU ALT at the time you made the request. But should be able to after you see "Voice control for Altitude is ready"

Suggest you download this file, unzip it and replace the "mcfslA3X.dll" in \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder.

It improves FCU look-up slightly.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcfslA3X.zip

For some reason, currently FO cannot work out the SPD select value on ground.

When you pass 11000 feet above ground level, FO will eventually work it out (he'll briefly pull the SPD selector and should be able to read speed within a minute or 2), so you have it ready for the approach phase where it's mostly needed.

Thanks Gerald, great support. I understand the complexity of the aircraft, no problem to dial in speed or altitude/fl by myself.

I will try as suggested.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1