Sign in to follow this  
ondrakubelka

Dome lighting in PMDG 737 NG

Hi,

I have problem with my dome lighting in PMDG 737 NG cockpit in FSX. If I click on dome light button in a cockpit nothing happens. The dome lights works me only if the engines are on. Does anybody of you have some idea what can it cause or where is the problem?

Thank you for all your replies and all your advises.

Well, the dome light is actually not a button but a switch.

So you maybe push a button which is not the dome light but something else?

IF BAT SWITCH is on and you switch the dome light switch it should bring light to your flightdeck.

Well, the dome light is actually not a button but a switch.

So you maybe push a button which is not the dome light but something else?

IF BAT SWITCH is on and you switch the dome light switch it should bring light to your flightdeck.

Ok, so it´s a switch. And I am sure that I use only correct switch...

And can you confirm that you did not only use the dome light switch the right way but also the battery switch?

And can you confirm that you did not only use the dome light switch the right way but also the battery switch?

Yes, I use battery of course. I am fully ready for startup but the dome light doesn´t work. I start engine number 2 and than it works...

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

It's been more than a nights sleep since I flew the NGX, but I do recall that there is a load shed schedule so for example when you are on battery only there are certain things that don't work.  I wouldn't expect the dome light to be on that schedule but it could be.  When I do have the NGX loaded I never sit on batter for longer than it takes to either connect ground power or get the APU running. What about APU, does dome light then work?

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names on all posts in the PMDG forums please.

It's been more than a nights sleep since I flew the NGX, but I do recall that there is a load shed schedule so for example when you are on battery only there are certain things that don't work.  I wouldn't expect the dome light to be on that schedule but it could be.  When I do have the NGX loaded I never sit on batter for longer than it takes to either connect ground power or get the APU running. What about APU, does dome light then work?

No, as I said dome light works only when one of the engines is on... I have turned the APU on but dome lights doesn´t work.

Would you have a screenshot of your electrical panel when you can't turn on the dome light?

When you say you turned on the APU, did you also select the APU generator switches on? On some aircraft types, the APU electrical generator will automatically provide power to the electrical systems. This is not one of these aircraft.

Cheers

John H Watson

Would you have a screenshot of your electrical panel when you can't turn on the dome light?

When you say you turned on the APU, did you also select the APU generator switches on? On some aircraft types, the APU electrical generator will automatically provide power to the electrical systems. This is not one of these aircraft.

Cheers

John H Watson

Yes, I fly with 737 long time and I know how the systems work so I have connected generators... I will make a screenshot.

My overhead panel:

file:///C:/Users/uzivatel/Pictures/Flight%20Simulator%20X%20Files/2017-1-15_16-35-22-533.BMP

I don't know what that link is supposed to be, but it doesn't go anyplace except to "Page Cannot Be Displayed."

And now?

I can see an overhead panel now.

Works perfectly for me even when running only on battery so your issue is not related to how you set the aircraft up. Has to be a bug like someone mentioned before.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD