Sign in to follow this  
Chock

You gotta roll with it...

Took the good old CS B707 for a spin and decided to recreate the infamous moment when Boeing test pilot, Alvin M 'Tex' Johnson rolled the prototype Dash 80, aka B707 (367-80) over Seattle in 1955 whilst a bunch of journalists were on board the thing, resulting in the famous photograph of the Boeing's wing inverted with the Seattle countryside visible upside down. A stunt which saw him getting hauled up in front of Boeing's president, Bill Allen. When Allen demanded of Johnson: 'what the hell do you think you were doing?', Johnson calmly replied: 'Selling airplanes.' Apparently Tex Johnson's penchant for wearing a cowboy hat and cowboy boots when flying, hence his nickname, was the basis for B-52 pilot Major Kong in Dr Strangelove. Some guys are just too cool.

fsx%202017-01-12%2019-01-26-98_zpsg17l4h

fsx%202017-01-12%2019-01-55-27_zpsbpy9xa

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Mik75

Took the good old CS B707 for a spin and decided to recreate the infamous moment when Boeing test pilot, Alvin M 'Tex' Johnson rolled the prototype Dash 80, aka B707 (367-80) over Seattle in 1955 whilst a bunch of journalists were on board the thing, resulting in the famous photograph of the Boeing's wing inverted with the Seattle countryside visible upside down. A stunt which saw him getting hauled up in front of Boeing's president, Bill Allen. When Allen demanded of Johnson: 'what the hell do you think you were doing?', Johnson calmly replied: 'Selling airplanes.' Apparently Tex Johnson's penchant for wearing a cowboy hat and cowboy boots when flying, hence his nickname, was the basis for B-52 pilot Major Kong in Dr Strangelove. Some guys are just too cool.

fsx%202017-01-12%2019-01-26-98_zpsg17l4h

fsx%202017-01-12%2019-01-55-27_zpsbpy9xa

The famous barrel roll!

Great pics of one of the sleekest airplanes in the history of mankind! ;-)

I wish, there'd be a high fidelity simulation of this important part of aviation history!

Maybe FJS will bring out something in XP that will do it justice! ;-)

Yup, I'd love a 'nerd level' add-on of something like a 707 or DC-8, although to be fair, the CS B707 is pretty good in most respects, you can actually do stuff 'by the book' with it and most of the time it's not far off the numbers for the real thing, however, if there was an add-on which went to the study levels of something like FSL A320, I'd probably never leave the house lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

very famous pictures from a different era :) we dont even get to do that in the sim anymore after PC is done :)

Tex Johnson a great aviator...great shots!

HLJAMES