Sign in to follow this  
av8t0r

New Dino Cattaneo T45 Questions

I downloaded and installed the newest version of the T45 from Dino.  The plane flies and looks great.

I created a short flight plan in FSX and it showed up on the DDI but selecting AP did not get it to engage and follow the path and waypoints ( I fly the VRS F18 Superbug normally).  The AP would not hold altitude or heading.  Anyone have any insight to share?

Also, I use two Thrustmaster MFDs with the VRS in addition to the HOTAS Warthog set.  I scoured the Internet for LVARs for the T45 to be able to map the buttons in FSUIPC4 as I did for the VRS F18.  I found an old post on the FSDreamTeam site but the offsets did not work with the new version...also did not work with the default F18 as listed in the post.  Anyone know of the correct offsets for the DDIs in the T45?

Thanks,

Dean Taunton

MFDs are working as advertised after programming in FSUIPC!  Some button don't work in T45 but the buttons do!  Now I have to figure out why the autopilot is not engaging...no heading hold, no alt hold, and will not follow flight plan.  After engaging AUTO and ALTHLD it gradually loses altitude until a crash or I intervene.  Loading a flight plan and engaging Auto does nothing.

t-45.jpg

In the above screenshot I did a quick test flight and set Altitude hold for 8,000 feet, heading 270 and maintained this

for about 15 minutes.  How soon after engaging the AP and Alt Hold do you lose altitude?  Could it be a loss of speed

causing the altitude loss?  I remember doing a couple of flights for an hour or more and had no loss of set altitude.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Gradual loss of altitude is immediate...it looks like the AP is dropping the nose for ALTHLD and then it settles into a -1700 FPM down.  With a flight plan loaded it will fly to the first waypoint or even turn to the waypoint...has me stumped for the moment.  I set the throttle for 250 knots.

My be time to uninstall the a/c and reinstall.  Just installed two nights ago...had to the older version but removed it prior to 2.8.

Well...reinstalled...all is working now...who knows..have to find the TACAN and ILS mode buttons but the autopilot is working good manually.