Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

The only one that works in windows 8 or windows 10 is Captain Sim's. Installation is not direct, requires editing.

If you run windows 7, you can try Level D's version, which looks like it was made in 1990 with its terribly dated graphics. It doesn't have as many features as Captain Sim's 767 but what it does have is better simulated. Also the external model, if much much worse in quality, is more faithful to the original 767.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

True answer is no, to my knowledge. There are two main FSX 767's . LevelD and Captainsim. Both very serviceable and in great detail in FSX. However, not sure how they would work in P3Dv3 if you could get them to install. Maybe someone else can enlighten us with more information.

I use the Level-D in P3D, but as NaMcO points out, it only works if you're on Windows 7, and has awful stutters in Windows 10.  Also, it takes a bit of work to make it work - dll.xml entries need to be correct, and some bitmaps from FSX are needed.  All in all, worth it, though, because I think it is a much more fluid and authentic simulation of the 767 than CaptainSim's version.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Where are the instructions to get the LDS 763 working in p3dv3?

Thanks.

spacer.png

Where are the instructions to get the LDS 763 working in p3dv3?

Thanks.

I'm not sure there are any.  I just worked it out myself.

Doesn't Captain Sims 767 install with the P3D migration tool? I heard it works if you use that tool

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I'm not sure there are any.  I just worked it out myself.

Okay, sir, then how so?

spacer.png

If you have the Migration tools, Captain Sim 767 works fine with P3D.

It works about 99%, only few little things like TACS will have warming indicated is failed.  Al thought it works fine in the sim.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Intel I5 3570K OC 4.2GHz, MSI GTX 670 2GB SLI, MB: Asus P8Z77-V Pro. RAM: 16GB HD:750GB

If you have the Migration tools, Captain Sim 767 works fine with P3D.

It works about 99%, only few little things like TACS will have warming indicated is failed.  Al thought it works fine in the sim.

I used the migration tool but things like wing vortices and landing lights don't appear to work.

Alexander Shepherd

Okay, sir, then how so?

Ah, yeh, I realise I probably won't win any awards for the most helpful post of the year there.  

Here's what I remember I did.

Use migration tool to install.  

The 767 uses files from the UIRES directory of FSX, so I just copied the whole UIRES directory across to P3D.  

Make sure the dll.xml entries are correct. The dll xml is in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.

There should be one entry that looks a bit like this (note the relative directory address in the dll.xml file, keeping it inside the P3D directories).

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I think that might be about all from memory.  If it doesn't work, report back with the problem.

As the other posters note, some small things do not work.  And whatever you do, do not respond to the Flight Attendant calls - that will crash the sim I think.  In fairness, this is probably consistent with reality.

Cheers,

Bryn.

Okay, sir, then how so?

Chris, you do not want to install it if you have windows 10... I promise you.  The lds 767 DLL will mess up your p3d and give you stutters.  I tried.  Its a nightmare.

14ppkc-6.png