Sign in to follow this  
FLY757X

P3D V3.4 Low FPS but Only in the UK

Hi there, I've recently noticed a problem with my install, I've noticed that my FPS at airports in Mainland UK is significantly worse than anywhere else in the world!

My FPS stays around 20 at airports in the UK (occasionally jumping up to around 40) (With or without UK2000 Scenery)

My FPS anywhere else in in the Solid 35-40 range, thats even at Aerosoft Dublin which is notoriously bad! 

I run FTX Global OpenLC Europe and Base

AS16 and REX SoftClouds

PTA

Many Airport sceneries: Ie UK2000/Aerosoft

Many aircraft like the NGX/AS A320 Family/PMDG777/iFly747/MJC Q400 and much more!

My System is:

i7 4790K 4.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Seagate HDD, MSI Stock cooler GTX960 2GB

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S I don't run NVI

Many Thanks 

Jamie :D

The same for me! The only difference is that i dont have FTX Global Open LC.

United Kingdom was always the only place with bad bad frames.

why???

• Upvote 1

Hi there, I've only had this issue recently, It might have been a graphics driver but I doubt that. It's good to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully we will find a fix soon! :D

Just a thought. What's your setting for highway road traffic? The UK has a very high human population density in FSX and P3d and that results in an increase in the number of road vehicles in the sim. The combination of  a considerable amount of urban area (more autogen buildings), lots of big international airports (more AI traffic per unit area) and higher road traffic makes the UK a focal point for CPU-based performance issues.

My general advice would be to set road traffic to somewhere between 0 and 5%. Use the FSUIPC AI air traffic limiter set to somewhere between 50 and 100 aircraft. And turn down the urban autogen setting. If that helps, gradual start fine tuning those settings by increasing them a bit at a time.

Hi there! I fly Online mostly so my AI Aircraft is Off, I very rarely have Road traffic on too, If I go to another Country where there is lots of International airports, ie Germany or France, I don't have these Issues.

Do you use FTX Vector?

Hi there, I've never looked in to getting it so no

Ok, so I went for a shower and came back, (I left my View on the outside view of the AS A320 at UK2000 EGNT) and my frames were on 60-70 for about 5 secs and then went back to a really unstable 20-30, Something must be bogging my system down. Any ideas as to what It may be?

Can you share your option screens (especially part with shadows) and also inform if you use PTA shaders? 

I've just made an observation that my GPU usage is 40-50% and my CPU usage is at 20%, Obviously this isn't normal. Could it have anything to do with my issue?

Also my Frames were up at 30-40 for a minute with I was typing. I started to move my Camera around using EZCA and my frames went back to 17-20.

No, that is not normal. 

Rename your p3d.cfg file in Appdata/Roaming/LockheedMartin/prepar3dv3 and let it rebuild with new settings. 

Go to P3d.cfg and change cloud shadow texture size to 256  (default is 512) - it can give you huge FPS gain in overcast conditions. 

Don't apply any tweaks to p3d cfg, they are not needed. Disable VSYNC, disable triple buffering (you will try to work on vsync after you get normal FPS back). Set terrain cast shadow distance to 0 - that is one of top performance killers. Set tesselation to ULTRA - you need to increase GPU load. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x. 

try performance again, report back and we'll see what's next

No, that is not normal. 

Rename your p3d.cfg file in Appdata/Roaming/LockheedMartin/prepar3dv3 and let it rebuild with new settings. 

Go to P3d.cfg and change cloud shadow texture size to 256  (default is 512) - it can give you huge FPS gain in overcast conditions. 

Don't apply any tweaks to p3d cfg, they are not needed. Disable VSYNC, disable triple buffering (you will try to work on vsync after you get normal FPS back). Set terrain cast shadow distance to 0 - that is one of top performance killers. Set tesselation to ULTRA - you need to increase GPU load. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x. 

try performance again, report back and we'll see what's next

Hello there, I'm doing a flight currently and I have adjusted my settings to those that you have described and it seems to have helped a lot. I'm doing a long rotation at the moment so when I'm back to my Base I will report back.

http://aviationwb.com/p3dset.html

This has been the best way for me to tweak P3D to have the best fps.

Thank you! I wil have to look through this closer sometime, this looks very useful, thanks for your help  :smile:

out of interest are you using activeky next sp5.  I had an issue this morning leaving EGKK.  The asn was going nuts putting in weather and slowing down the frames.  I canned the flight reboot and it was fine.  Its rare but that does happen.

The london area has always been an issue for fsx and p3d.  My fav saying when it comes to London in FSX and/or P3D.... same hooker different dress... or same clowns, different circus

14ppkc-6.png