Sign in to follow this  
rjrogerjeff

FSX freezes with "waiting on clients" message

Running Panel Builder on 2nd wired network PC and PB interface with FSX Simconnect. After a few minutes of flying FSX computer freezes and if I do a CRTL-ALT-DEL and look at applications I see that Panel Builder says "waiting on client".

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've never seen this message before.

Where is your simPluginsFSX Interface installed on? It should be on the same computer as FSX, and the Panel Builder Program on your 2nd networked computer.

How are your computers' wired'? Via a switch, router, direct cable?

simPluginsFSX Interface is on same computer as FSX and connects using SimConnect. Panel Builder on 2nd computer connected via wired network cable. Fixed IP addresses: 192.168.100.200 for Main PC (FSX computer) and 192.168.100.210 for Panel Builder PC. Connected through a Linksys E1200 Router (wired).

When FSX freezes I can't do anything on main PC. I hear sound of engine, but cannot move mouse or do any keyboard commands. I do CTRL-ALT-DEL to get into Task Manager and look at running apps. I see next to the simPluginsFSX Interface app the message "waiting on clients". I have to End Tasks to start over.

My next experiment is to set all power management settings on the 2nd computer to be sure that computer is not going into a hibernate or sleep mode. Will update after trying this.

Thanks for your reply.

*** UPDATE *** 

I have had success so far by changing all the power management settings on my 2nd computer (running Panel Builder) to NEVER hibernate, turn off monitor, or go to sleep mode.

I also set my NIC cards to DHCP and let the router handle IP addressing.

Thanks for your input.