Sign in to follow this  
GoDLiK3

C208B Speed Problem

Hello Pilots =)

I am a little bit disappointed. I bought the Aircraft yesterday from Aerosoft and installed it. First that i saw - i had to Download Version 1.0

1. Is there no Update for the C208? I got the normal Cockpit Version and not the Version with G1000

So i startet a Flight, working the Checklist. Until Departure everything works fine for me. Now i´m going in the Runway, set the T/O Power and at 70kts i rotate the Airplane. Until this Point everything is O.K.

After Lift-Off - the Airplane doesn´t get Speed. I can only climb with 300 ft/min at 70kts, Climb Speed according to the Checklist is 90 Kts. Even if i Level off, i can´t gain Speed. It Holds at 80 kts even when the Flaps are retracted.

So first i tried to make the Aircraft leighter, put some Fuel out of the Tanks and reduce the Load in the Aircraft - But same Problem. It also accours if i disable the Cargo Box below the Airplane. 

Can anybody help? I paid 37€ for the Plane and it is unflyable for me. I don´t find any Help in the Internet about this issue. Maybe here?

If you want to see the Problem i can also take a Video of it and post it here.

Thanks in Advance

- Marci 

If you want to see the Problem i can Take a Video of it and post it here.

I wanted to get a screenshot of my instruments for you, but have been too tired after work.  Are your rpms and fuel flow at their highest levels? Are all your "throttles"  full forward towards  the firewall (except the red one should be in the middle)?   What airport and altitude are you at?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hi there.  It sounds like you just bought the Caravan C208B which has the Cargo master package.  That has a regular dial cockpit. If you wanted the G1000 you had to buy the "C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES" it has the following:  

Special Features
Version 2.0
Carenado G1000 (PFD and MFD) with Autopilot Control Unit GMC 710.
3D knob technology for operating G1000 knobs
New Landing and Taxi halo effect lights
Vibrating effect on stall and takeoff run.
Cold and Dark start option
Windows lighting scratches effect
Volumetric side view prop effect
Dynamic propeller shines effect.
3D stereo sounds.
Dynamic cargopod weight

I had the regular 208B and when I got the new EX they were giving discount because you had the 208B already.  I have put the original 208B in the hanger and only fly the EX now.  Like it a lot better. Has an upgrade in power.

Dick

The "regular" Carenado C208B does fly like a well worn engine. It is not going to jump off the runway in a 1000'/min climb. When you rotate at 70ish, don't pull the stick back too far. Let it fly off the runway by itself, usually about 85kts.

Hope this helps.

GoDlick3, did you ever get this resolved?  I just purchased this package and I am having the same issues, it will not fly any faster than 110kts no matter what the weather or the power settings are set to.  I have a ticket open with Carenado but not sure how long it will take them to respond.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:28 AM, rlbomber said:

GoDlick3, did you ever get this resolved?  I just purchased this package and I am having the same issues, it will not fly any faster than 110kts no matter what the weather or the power settings are set to.  I have a ticket open with Carenado but not sure how long it will take them to respond.

Have you investigated the updates provided by Berndt Stolle?  More realistic flight model, imo, and easily exceed 140 kts.  The recommendation to graduate to the EX version, though, is a good one.  Considering that myself.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

@nywingrinder am having same issue and using fsuipc to set my axis's and buttons do u have a profile specific set for the caravan or a general set that goes to planes not using profile specific profile?