Sign in to follow this  
vector

FeelThere Phenom 100

Does anyone have any comments - good or bad - about this aircraft?

Many thanks.

Dijvid

I bought it for FSX and I like it a lot. Feels pretty much like my personal jet airplane (Single pilot ops, small hull, highly automated).

To be aware of:

• It's lite on systems; you won't have an FMC, for example, no SIDs, no STARs. It uses the default GPS only, but feelThere gave it a totally different "skin". Most systems are modelled strictly from the SDK.
  • It does have a lite version of a VNAV, though.
  • It does have a custom autopilot mode flight level change (true "pitch for speed" with variable, pilot-controlled-thrust)
  • feelThere also modelled basic FADEC functions (switches from TO to Climb, for example)
  • Easy to install into the Steam edition (yeah, you use FS9 currently).

It's been on sale multiple times, up to 40% off. (I've also seen it for 9.99 USD on very rare occasions at feelthere.com only)

When the Carenado EMB500 came out, I was surprised to see that my lite feelThere rendition was more functional in a couple of aspects (autopilot, takeoff config test). The Carenado VC, of course, is much more impressive. (Talking FSX again here.)

If you're interested, I'd say go for it when it's 40% off again. FSX version is included, should you consider a sim change, works in disk and in Steam version.

Thanks for your reply, Oliver.  Looks like it might be good for a try when a discount offer comes up, so I'll keep a lookout.

Dijvid

Hi Dijvid,

Feelthere's best plane is the ERJ as far as I'm concerned... It was an all time favorite - if you don't have it - that would be the one I'd spend money on...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Dijvid,

Feelthere's best plane is the ERJ as far as I'm concerned... It was an all time favorite - if you don't have it - that would be the one I'd spend money on...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

I do have their 135/145 and 175/195 packages.  I've only tried the 175/195 which played havoc with my fps - goodness knows why as I have a reasonably good Intel i5 setup.  I also found the FMC a bit trying - I seem to recall their documentation saying something like much more is implemented in the FMC than is mentioned in the manual so just ask if you have any questions.  Strange!!

I've never tried the 135/145 package although I have read somewhere that it is a better offering than the 175/195.  Maybe I should give it a go!

Dijvid

Hi Dijvid,

LOL - I bought both the 135/145 and 175/195 at the same time - the 135/145 I flew the wings off of - - the 175/195 I flew six times max and deleted it... The flight model on the 135/145 feels alive and very much how you would expect a real world aircraft to feel... The 175/195 I didn't like at all - the panel was even harder to read than the ERJ - recall a serious issue with night lighting - and to me the FDE was almost default aircraft like - which surprised since one of the advertisements mentioned FDE by Rob Young (Real Air) - IIRC Rob mentioned in a post that it was modified after his work and took no responsibility for it...

If you already HAVE the 135/145 - it's DEFINATELY worth a try - I really liked the FADEC engine control... I enjoyed the aircraft immensely and flew it regularly until I moved to P3D...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The ERJ package has better performance (in FSX at least) and the cockpit visuals are more appealing. The FMC though is basically the same as in the E-jets, so of considerable depth. I concur with Scott, the ERJs are definitely top of the feelThere Embraer ranking.

Try the ERJs, you don't have to know and to work every tiny bit of the FMC. Do the flightplan and the PERF INIT (it can even load native MSFS flightplans), the built-in Call! utility will also check for takeoff and landing speeds inserted. Most of the other data I regard as optional ...   ;-)

• Upvote 1

Thanks, guys, for your feedback.  I'll install the 135/145 and see how I get on.  Looking forward to it already!!

Dijvid

I've thought about the ERJ's as well. What turned me against the idea a friend had them on his PC and they gained considerable speed while on the ground with no throttle applied. You virtually just release the brakes and they'll go on their own and then you need to use the brakes to keep them to a reasonable taxi speed.

Does this sound accurate and any comments?

Mark Daniels

I've thought about the ERJ's as well. What turned me against the idea a friend had them on his PC and they gained considerable speed while on the ground with no throttle applied. You virtually just release the brakes and they'll go on their own and then you need to use the brakes to keep them to a reasonable taxi speed.

Does this sound accurate and any comments?

I didn't find this when I was flying the 195.  Can't comment on the 135/145 as I've yet to install it.

Dijvid

I didn't find this when I was flying the 195.  Can't comment on the 135/145 as I've yet to install it.

Dijvid

I'd appreciate any feedback when you've tried them or from anyone else. Always liked the ERJ just a little hesitant to buy. The reason I ask is my friend's PC was a mess. I know his FS was doing things I've never seen or heard of. I don't hold what I saw that day as being a totally reliable indication of the product. haha

Mark Daniels

Dijvid,

I have had the Phenom 100 (FS9) for a few years now.

My main comment would be that it has fairly limited systems but it is an absolute joy to hand fly. The limited  Garmin 1000 glass cockpit is simple, fairly functional and easy to learn. The VNAV works but you have to work out your descent point and rate of descent.

It does not have the same depth of systems as the 135 or the 175 ERJs but it is FUN.  I thoroughly recommend it as a simple aircraft and GEE WHIZ, I would love to own the real thing.

Regards

Tony Chilcott 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I'd appreciate any feedback when you've tried them or from anyone else.

Sure will, but it won't be in the immediate future.  I've yet to install the 135 and will take my time reading through the manuals rather than just jumping straight in and seeing what happens!  I'm mainly a GA person and jets are a new experience for me which I may, or may not, take to.

Dijvid

Dijvid,

I have had the Phenom 100 (FS9) for a few years now.

My main comment would be that it has fairly limited systems but it is an absolute joy to hand fly. The limited  Garmin 1000 glass cockpit is simple, fairly functional and easy to learn. The VNAV works but you have to work out your descent point and rate of descent.

It does not have the same depth of systems as the 135 or the 175 ERJs but it is FUN.  I thoroughly recommend it as a simple aircraft and GEE WHIZ, I would love to own the real thing.

Regards

Tony Chilcott 

Thanks for the feedback, Tony.

As I already have the ERJ 135/145 I'm going to try them out first rather than buy the Phenom, although it does look tempting!

Dijvid

Well, installed the ERJ135 and positioned it at UK2000's EGJJ Jersey airport.

Sadly, I found the FPS terrible in VC mode and a 15% - 20% drop in the 2D panel.  As a smooth sim is more important to me I decided not to proceed any further with this aircraft.

Many thanks, though, for all your replies and suggestions.

Dijvid

Dijvid,

I dont know what your system is mate, but I have never found or experienced any real problems with the Feel There aircraft.  May I ask what aircraft you are currently flying? I ask this because I have just flown the default Lear and then switched to the Phenom and found no difference in frame rates whatsoever.  Your problem may lie elsewhere and may be worth further exploration.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.