Sign in to follow this  
Hansonius

W10 instructionset for GNS530/Emuteq 530 hardware

Hi,

I am looking for the W10 instruction set for connecting the software RXP530 to the hardware Emuteq 530.

Everything worked fine in Win 7 but in Win10 a couple of key combinations changed.

Of course I contacted Emuteq but for some reason they don't answer my emails(any more)

So the question is does anyone posess the nstruction set for WIN10 (keymapping in FSUIPC+ modifications to the rxpgns.ini file) to make the RXP GNS530 work togethet with the Emuteq 530 hardware.

Hans

Hi Hans,

you need to be more specific: what sim, what GNS530 version?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sorry Jean -Luc,

The sim is FSX Gold Ed, incl Accelaration.

The GNS 530 I got in 2012 and is the RXP Garmin GNS 530 WAAS.

And the Emuteq hardware GNS 530 is also 4 years old and as far as I know there are no newer versions.

I hope this is the info you need.

Hans

Ok, I don't know what the 'W10 instruction set' is supposed to be, but it looks like all the information needed is on their website isn't it?

http://www.emuteq.com/GNS530.html

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

On the Emuteq site under GNS downloads You can find what I used for Win 7 and it worked fine.

It is the download install file for keymapping in FSUIPC and changes in the RXP ini file.

But, as said that download is for Win 7.

Micosoft changed a couple of keyboard combinations  in Win 10 so pressing, for instance, the comflip button on the Emuteq 530 results in opening the Win 10 search function.. And there are another 4 combinations that have changed.

So I told Emuteq what I found out, emails were exchanged, they said they were working on the subject and then no more response!

That's why I am looking for somebody who already has the WIN10 "instuction set"  to make the RXP/Emuteq 530 combination working again.

Hans

Ok I understand now. Well there is no magic in the configuration and you can do it yourself as far a my quick google search tells.

1) The FSUIPC buttons settings (FSUIPC4.INI) map a device button/rotary to a keyboard shortcut.

2) The RealityXP INI maps keyboard shortcuts to GNS commands.

You just need to open FSUIPC settings, Buttons+Switches tab, and then assign your preferred keyboard shortcuts for each buttons on the Emuteq, then, edit the ReallityXP INI with notepad and write the corresponding shortcuts for each line.

Hi Jean Luc,

Ok I'll give it a try, point is I am not that cpmputer savvy, but there is a first time for everything.

Thanks,

Hans