P3D Strange crash while startup ! please help

uninstalled P3D installed p3d again wtih these addons

FTX Global+Vector+OpenLC

UTX Europe

EDDM T2G

LTBA T2G

GSX

IFly 747 

when i start P3D it just displaying start  screen after few seconds it dissappeared !!!

event log didnt show anything ! 

please help !

I5 2310

16 GB RAM

2 GB GDDR5 OC R7

1 TB

See the AVSIM CTD Guide for how to fix most crashes/freezes (page 10) (link in my signature). 

When P3D loads, the first thing loaded are the modules loaded by the dll.xml.  There are two dll.xml's used by P3D.  One in the same folder as the P3D.cfg and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg.  If there is a corrupt or missing module, P3D will probably crash at startup.  Sometimes the module is outdated such as the fsuipc.dll utility which is usually updated whenever a new version of P3D is released.  Same goes with the stuff loaded by FTX/Orbx and GSX.  One of the investigative techniques in the AVSIM CTD Guide is to move or rename the two dll.xml's, restart P3D and see if the sim starts up.  If so, it is a module in the dll.xml.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is entirely possible.  I have had the same types of CTD's.  But it is a module in the dll.xml (one of them) that is causing the problem.  I know once I had a crash, restarted and it started up again with no problems and then couatl popped up and said there was an update to GSX and I updated GSX, flew my flight and had no problems.  Still have no problems with subsequent startups.  Still, it is a module in the dll.xml (one of them).  Is it the fault of P3D or an add-on?  Me thinks an add-on.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, that's the most logical explanation. But what confuses me is the fact that I never had this problem before and I didn't buy any new addons for a couple of months now. This started happening with a complete clean install of the latest version of P3D v3. So how can the problem be an addon since I'm using the same ones as before yet before there were no crashes? As I also mentioned in P3D forums the only things that changed are P3D v3 version, a couple of Windows 10 updates and NVIDIA driver updates. My simulator configuration and all the addons are the same as I used in previous versions when I wasn't getting any such crashes.

Everytime there's a hotfix or a new version of P3D, some of the utilities, like FSUIPC, Orbx Objectflow, become incompatible.  They did not crash P3D 100% of the time.  I have used the old FSUIPC several times without a crash and then, bang!, P3D does not load and crashes.  I go to the FSUIPC website and download the latest version, install it and no more crashes.  AS16 needs a new updated version too but it tells you when you start up P3D.  Orbx Objectflow module will usually disable the module if incompatible so you can still use their products.  But, if for some reason it did not disable it until a new version is released, then it will crash your sim at startup.

When you reinstall P3D, make sure you updated the modules too as the latest version of P3D will normally not becompatible with previous versions of modules.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks but as far as I know all the modules are up to date. I also completely understand that most of the people are not getting this kind of crashes so there must be something wrong on my end. I hope I'll track down the issue soon because this is getting very annoying.

I had the same issue related to a broken scenery.cfg (C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\scenery.cfg).

Try to delete the cfg - start P3D to build a new one and manually add the Add-Ons. This solved the imidiate start up CTD in my case.

uninstalled P3D installed p3d again wtih these addons

FTX Global+Vector+OpenLC

UTX Europe

EDDM T2G

LTBA T2G

GSX

IFly 747 

when i start P3D it just displaying start  screen after few seconds it dissappeared !!!

event log didnt show anything ! 

please help !

I5 2310

16 GB RAM

2 GB GDDR5 OC R7

1 TB

Back up your P3D dll.xml, exe.xml, scenery.cfg, prepar3d.cfg and delete each to see if it fixed problem. If it doesnt, and do a full repair, then restore the files that you backed up (dll.xml, exe.xml, scenery.cfg, prepar3d.cfg). It worked for me after recent CTD

Solved !

Deleting Lockheed martin folder in program data and users local roaming helped !

Thanks all guys