Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

Any news on the PMDG roadmap for XPlane

I'd really like to see an official post by Pmdg on the next (if any) product for XP and maybe a rough time forecast, maybe I've missed something elsewhere, in this case my apologize.

Like many others I'm on stand by regarding the purchase of new planes waiting for XP11 official release but in second quarter of 2017 I plan to add some liners to my GA fleet. With new Xenviro and WorldTraffic3 I plan to extend over 15K my usual flights. Now the point is if I buy a 737 (IXeg for example) it will be really unlikely I will get another variant from PMDG 3/6 months later. Same for a 747 although current one for XP is no way at PMDG standard so I will prolly buy it again.

Personally I believe that you won't be seeing any releases soon. All the focus is on the 747 and the DC6 port-over. Also unless they have started an aircraft for X-Plane already, its going to take longer than 6 months to make.

BTW the IXEG and PMDG 737s would be completely different (IXEG is the classic, PMDG is the NG)

I'd take a wild stab in the dark and say that if they had something to tell everyone, the would have said it.

David Porrett

On the bright side, a few years ago, before the Cloudmaster, PMDG said they've been "playing in the sandbox" with Laminar Research.  I only fly the 737 & 777, and I hope those are closer to an XP release than we're being led to believe.  PMDG has pulled surprises before.  I've been playing with XP11 about 10% of my sim time, with rest dedicated to PMDG on P3Dv3.  The idea ofPMDG on a platform with no CTD or OOM problems is very appealing!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Now the point is if I buy a 737 (IXeg for example) it will be really unlikely I will get another variant from PMDG 3/6 months later.

I think you will be safe in this regard. I don't expect PMDG to release anything for XP this year and possibly 2018.

Felipe Vicini

I think you will be safe in this regard. I don't expect PMDG to release anything for XP this year and possibly 2018.

Felipe Vicini

Thanx for reply, I assume then that their experience with DC6 has been disappointing, not a surprise because the choice of their first plane in XP looked a bit strange from the beginning, at least for a company with a huge established fame on liners. Same pattern on scenery, for example Latin Wings first porting is a small airport in Spain, 29Palms moved to XP with 29palms airport...hard to define a true  potential return choosing  marginal stuff as reference.

Thanx for reply, I assume then that their experience with DC6 has been disappointing, not a surprise because the choice of their first plane in XP looked a bit strange from the beginning, at least for a company with a huge established fame on liners. Same pattern on scenery, for example Latin Wings first porting is a small airport in Spain, 29Palms moved to XP with 29palms airport...hard to define a true  potential return choosing  marginal stuff as reference.

That's not what I was trying to say at all. The point is PMDG take's along time to put anything out, so with that in mind you shouldn't be worried about a release this year IMO. That being said why do you feel the need to buy whatever they do put out as soon as it's released.