Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation

Sorry if this has been discussed has anyone upgraded to this?

Vernon Howells

Hi,

Package arrived yesterday. Loading DVD disk 6 of 9 now. So far so good!

Expecting great things 😀

Regards,

Mike

Yes i received it a week ago. Takes some time to install but its wort it. Great mesh. Combine it with Terra Emergence Project and it rocks.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

So worth the upgrade from FS 2010?  Just got a 30% off coupon for this and was debating on the purchase...

Matt King

Did you have FS GLOBAL 2010 before?

Hi Vernon,

Sure did/do. I've disabled it in the P3D Scenery library meantime until I've had a chance to check out the Ultimate Next Generation offering. However, it's very doubtful FS Global 2010, good as it is, will be staying for very much longer.

Regards,

Mike

Fantastic mike. I think i'll go ahead and take the advantage of the discount :)

Anyone know the best way to remove FS global 2010

Vernon Howells

Anyone know the best way to remove FS global 2010

Easy, just disable the entries in the Scenery Library, okay that and then exit P3D after it has rebuilt the Scenery indexes.

Now delete the FSGX2010 installation folder and content (23.2GB).

Tells you how to do it in the Manual included with FS Global Ultimate Next Generation.

Regards,

Mike

Edit: Sorry, I've checked and I was wrong about these instructions being in the Manual. You will find them under their Support/Q&A : http://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=0f9d3315-673a-4a4f-80a8-00a38b9d2c71&pageid=57031151-38d0-49c3-94ac-7476c37e1105

Word of caution

Got to the end of the installation, without any errors, at which point the installer asks if I wanted to install the Bathymetry mesh. No indication is given of the additional data space requirements. My initial inclination was to go for it whereupon I was asked to reinsert Disk 1. Then I had second thoughts as it was more likely that I would never need it, so decided to cancel. Bad move! An error was displayed and everything then rolled back and I have had to start all over again. Hmm!

Has anyone installed the Bathymetry component of this installation? Is it worth doing? If so, how much additional space is needed?

Mike

Further to Post #8

I have discovered one other folder you should probably remove to complete the uninstall of FS Global 2010:

Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PILOTS_Software\FS Global 2010FTX

Sorry, I missed that.

Mike

Hey everyone, I purchased the PIlots FS Global Ultimate Next Generation terrain mesh and wrote up a review of it. If you are interested you can download the PDF here.  

http://www.avsim.com/files/file/89-pilot-global-ultimate-ng-review/

regards,

Mark.

• Upvote 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Marks for taking the time to write about your experience. This answer several question I had on this product.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...