Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation

I think everything is going to work out. I think this product will be superior to what I now have. 

Bill W

When you click on that link, and before clicking on the 'Download' button, there is some plain text stating:

"This is a review of FreeMeshX for FSX/Prepar3D."

Now, while the review does include some comparisons of FreeMeshX with FS Global Ultimate Next Generation in areas of the world covered by both, that text is immediately misleading and, if possible, should be changed to avoid any confusion.

Mike

Thanks, i will get it fixed.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I just placed my order. I notice the discount for existing customers expires 31 Jan 17, so I got it done before I over think it. Thanks for the review.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Angeli 662,

is the performance (VAS, fps) any different compared to FS Global Ultimate. I am quite happy with the optics of the latter, so that wouldn't make me purchase the new product. However, a performance improvement definitely would.

Thanks,

Peter

Yes most definitely, it seems to me VAS was one thing I noticed when I flew FTX KMRY I didn't get OOM as far as FPS didn't notice any improvement, but once again I have a pretty good system.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Thanks for the review.

I already have Pilot's FS Global Ultimate mesh and like it very much. I'd like to know specifically how this Next Generation version is superior to the Ultimate one.  Pilot's website states that it has "new and improved source data", "huge improvements for North America (double render technology for the first time!)", "manual rework of transition zones between different source data", and completely new tile structure to remove rendering issues and to improve data compression efficiency".  Well, that all sounds nice, but how does it actually improve the scenery?  Show me some screenshots which demonstrate how this new version is better than the old one.

I invite Pilot's developers to address this question, otherwise I can't justify spending over 50 dollars for this new version.

Thanks.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Yes most definitely, it seems to me VAS was one thing I noticed when I flew FTX KMRY I didn't get OOM as far as FPS didn't notice any improvement, but once again I have a pretty good system.

Thanks Angeli,

I'll order it tomorrow then :)

Peter

If you read what he's asking...

The review is very good - however it's "only" comparing FS Global Ultimate Next Generation to FreewareMeshX and FS Global 2010! What @dave2013 was looking for, was how FS Global Ultimate Next Generation compared to FS Global Ultimate series. This is also, what I asked for, a couple of posts back - but didn't receive any reply... 

Thanks for the suggestion, however...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

did they solve the vas issiue when you start from egll and fly direction dover ?

in fs2010 there was a huge vas drop about 300 mb. so i had to disable ultimate 2010, and the issou was gone

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Yes, a comparison FS Global Ultimate Next Gen. / FS Global Ultimate (legacy) is "ultimately" needed.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I currently own FS Genesis Worldwide mesh, and I was looking to upgrade to this.

However, I'm not seeing any information relating to how many meters per pixel the coverage areas are.

This doesn't tell me very much: Huge improvements for North America (double render technology for the first time!)

I think Canada for FSG is around 19m per pixel. US is around 10m in most areas, except a few select ones which are higher.

I currently own FS Genesis Worldwide mesh, and I was looking to upgrade to this.

However, I'm not seeing any information relating to how many meters per pixel the coverage areas are.

This doesn't tell me very much: Huge improvements for North America (double render technology for the first time!)

I think Canada for FSG is around 19m per pixel. US is around 10m in most areas, except a few select ones which are higher.

The extent of my knowledge with the NED USA data is 10 m. If they are using the new high res SRTM data for the rest of the globe, then it probably is approximately 30 m data sampled at LOD10 or LOD11.

Well, that all sounds nice, but how does it actually improve the scenery?  Show me some screenshots which demonstrate how this new version is better than the old one.

There are loads of screenshots in this review that is linked within this forum topic.

http://www.avsim.com...mate-ng-review/

The extent of my knowledge with the NED USA data is 10 m. If they are using the new high res SRTM data for the rest of the globe, then it probably is approximately 30 m data sampled at LOD10 or LOD11.

Hi Daniel,

This copied from their FB page (dated 13 December '16):

"PILOT'S GesmbH We do not advertise using LODs as others do, since the Level of detail of the compiled scenery does not tell you anything. It is missleading since in fact an "advertised" compiled LOD of 5m could actually be derived from source data of 76m in resolution, which will then leave you at 76m res though compiled into 5m resolution, which just eats HD space and frame rates. The Q must be, what LOD the very first source data had your data was derived from AND which algorithms are used. The very first, because some data vendors also sell an actual 76m resolution as compiled 5m, which won't bring anything. FSGRW uses LOD from 9 to 15 (depending on available *good* source data) and uses them as needed. We do not use LOD 14 in flat areas, but also won't use LOD 9 in mountainious areas. Our algorithms will determine, if the area is sharp edged or soft and will deliver accordingly."

I think when they wrote FSGRW actually they meant to write FSGUNG. FSGRW had been mentioned at an earlier date on the same page so I'm sure it was a momentary lapse on the part of the writer. There is more interesting info in the Manual accompanying the installation Disks, but I'm probably not allowed to copy that here.

Regards,

Mike

Flight over the Alps (1)

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, ENVTEX Sky Textures, ASCA Clouds, Terra Emergence Project Terrain Textures, PTA 2.04 (Adam's 20_07 Preset)

sjjpfrx.jpg

eZlBnOj.jpg

k6n0RzP.jpg

0x5K953.jpg

cLgncLC.jpg

NPWeKZP.jpg

WRhnK7K.jpg

LX4kBdq.jpg

1fLo1Lk.jpg

Mike

Flight over the Alps (2)

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, ENVTEX Sky Textures, ASCA Clouds, Terra Emergence Project Terrain Textures, PTA 2.04 (Adam's 20_07 Preset)

BvP5RZB.jpg

bqJ2aDX.jpg

WTUpYP7.jpg

hKFh2sS.jpg

Yz6uD9U.jpg

Zcjnf31.jpg

9AM7OrN.jpg

oQX8JWE.jpg

Mike

• Upvote 2