Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

ai traffic

What was the payware tool what injected traffic (AI) on real routes in stead of direct A to B ?

What was the payware tool what injected traffic (AI) on real routes in stead of direct A to B ?

Not in FS9.

AI in FS9 just do A to B. FSX AI can be made to fly routes.  

I may be wrong but I think this is the case.

I know, but they injected around your plane the AI, on the appropriate routes!.

Cant remember wich one it was...

I think it's a product sold by Flight1. It generates AI, can create formation flights and says that it creates AI that follows way points. I only know what I've read on their site so can't vouch for how well it works, but I am pretty certain it is for FS9

Ultimate Traffic is the product. The traffic did fly routes, but they certainly weren't appropriate. They were generic routes similar to what you would get by generating VOR to VOR in the default FS flightplanner. They also don't use RVSM.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Aha!, thanks Dave, I have to dive into my CD's to see if I have it.

I remember many years ago that with it got a lot of traffic on my route flying the same way.

Thanks for the heads up!

The utility I described doesn't seem to be at Flight1 or SimMarket but I definitely remember looking at it just a few days ago. Maybe someone else can identify it. It had a video demonstrating how it could create formation AI flights and the demo featured the Blue Angels F-18s. It also allows you to place AI aircraft as "static" aircraft on an airport. It definitely wasn't Ultimate Traffic but I just can't seem to find it now... It may not be what you're looking for anyway, but it did seem to have some of the features that you were interested in... The bit the surprised me the most was the claim that it created traffic that followed waypoints as I didn't think that was possible in FS9 except through creating "fake airports" with AFD files....

The utility I described doesn't seem to be at Flight1 or SimMarket but I definitely remember looking at it just a few days ago. Maybe someone else can identify it. It had a video demonstrating how it could create formation AI flights and the demo featured the Blue Angels F-18s. It also allows you to place AI aircraft as "static" aircraft on an airport. It definitely wasn't Ultimate Traffic but I just can't seem to find it now... It may not be what you're looking for anyway, but it did seem to have some of the features that you were interested in... The bit the surprised me the most was the claim that it created traffic that followed waypoints as I didn't think that was possible in FS9 except through creating "fake airports" with AFD files....

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=SAMM

For AI flight plans : http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP

Ed, I think you are missing something here.

The keywords are, following a route, not just a direct A to B.

One of these tools injected traffic on airroutes, J or  V routes.

Ed, I think you are missing something here.

The keywords are, following a route, not just a direct A to B.

One of these tools injected traffic on airroutes, J or  V routes.

I understand what you are looking for. I do not know this tool.   :Cuppa:

The product I was trying to remember is AirFX and it is available on Flight1. Sadly, it's only for FSX... I think it fits the description of what you are wanting Johan, but unfortunately, not for FS9.....

Ed --- thanks for those two links. I didn't realize the version of AIFP was so out of date and I had not heard of the other program for converting flyable aircraft into statics. Both valuable tips - thank you my friend!