Sign in to follow this  
hesynergy

Flying in NZ X-Plane11 sees airports, Navaids, Etc. - The Garmin dB is North America

I read somewhere that there are several different databases out there for the Garmin one for North America and another for other places in the world. How do we switch, for instance in my case To an alternate database that includes New Zealand? Or Europe, or Asia? The rxpGTN environmental variable Mentioned in another of your posts?

I did read the 10 page manual and thought I thoroughly perused all the posts here on the RXP section, so if I missed it, my abject apologies.

Also Will we be be able to import flight plans and user way points?

By the way...nice hooks into Garmin's core!

I was spoiled by F1GTN750 and frankly didn't want to consider flying X-plane11Beta without it... until I saw you guys had come up with your own code to exploit the Garmin trainer.… I moved from being a beta tester, to a purchaser and I am Lovin' X-plane11 now!...and very possibly considering turning to least at an oblique if not 180° from the outlandish investments in P3D and Paid DLC because of you guys...AHHHHH the trials of an OFAA* with empty pockets.

Dingus and Eugene send their love.

Chas

*OFAA
ol' fart Aviation Addict

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thank you for your kind words!

The easiest is to start with the menu: Plugin \ Reality XP \ GTN # \ 'Reboot with xxxxx DB'

This cycles the 2 available databases.

Also Will we be be able to import flight plans and user way points

For now, we are busy working on adding support for the latest GTN trainer, and correcting the couple issues reported, as well as enhancing the product plugin with the additions coming from our newly released GNS 530W/430W V2 code. The short answer is not now, but you don't know what the future will look like!

By the way...nice hooks into Garmin's core!

Thank you again, what is it you are particularly appreciating?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you again, what is it you are particularly appreciating?

Well it started with the flight one GTN 750 which I've had since the day it came out and simply put ...

When you have been riding a horse all your life, and someone shows you an affordable Humvee with a night vision windshield what do you do?

When you've sat at the foot of The Daili Lama...you don't wallow with the Un-enlightened...

When you only have a stone blade, and some shows you a Swiss Army Knife...then offers to sell it to you for two bucks...

...and so on

So, I don't know who came to the table first,but it was F1 who ruined me for good in FSX/P3D, and y'all who lured me to the cool little guy named X-PLANE, with your repast....which may, as I explore, compare favorably to F1's offering.

🖖

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2