Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Beta 6 is out

Does anyone else have the issue where the sim won't persist the quick view settings? I need to keep setting them again after every restart and have done since beta 1?

Fight the fake news ;-)

I heard you can get done for that now ;-)

working fine here in pb6.

Fight the fake news ;-)

Lol I guess so - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Does anyone else have the issue where the sim won't persist the quick view settings? I need to keep setting them again after every restart and have done since beta 1?

Quick view settings are working here, have been since beta 1. If I'm not mistaken, those views are stored in each individual plane folder in a file called:

(acf name)_prefs.txt

Check to see if those files are present and if they have views data, and make sure X-Plane has permission to write to those individual folders under /Aircraft.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Fly with Lua seems to work, at least here. Cockpit reflections seem not to be fixed. And I can't switch off the landing light in the C 172 anymore. Sort of  :rolleyes:

And I forgot: The night sky has not been fixed,  :fool:

Hans

I'm most interested in the improvements to the flight model, and whether they're good. Interested in reading what the experts have to say about it. (Which sure isn't me.)

This PB seems to be taking one (small) step forward while undoing the two steps back the last one took.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

fps and smoothness seem to have been improved.

More after longer tests later or tomorrow. 

Hans

Confused on the installer exe.. if you run the installer exe as of now and redownload the whole package all 70 or 90gb.. is it beta1?  I think i did this with beta 4 or 5 and when i launched XP it said there was an update.. is this how the installer works for "new" installs?

And on updating this beta 6.. which is the safest route... using the prompt to click update after launching xp11 or running the installer? (and why)

Thanks

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

FPS went up for me. So far so good!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Check to see if those files are present and if they have views data, and make sure X-Plane has permission to write to those individual folders under /Aircraft.

Hmm, could be a permissions thing. Mine won't save no matter what and I don't have those files. I haven't opened a bug report but will do so if it's working for others

Getting excellent FPS performance, now.  Beta 6 has topped B1 and B2 by about 2-3 FPS more.  B6, giving the highest FPS, since downloading full-paid for,  XP11 B (1-5).

Smooth performance.  Took one flight...all installs working well, as they should.

No glaring bugs in the first 15 minutes of B6 usage.

Hmm, could be a permissions thing. Mine won't save no matter what and I don't have those files. I haven't opened a bug report but will do so if it's working for others

One way to independently check if it's a file permission issue is with the "Generate icons" feature that replaces the question marks on added .acf files. That creates files like the ones below in the top folder menu for the plane and in every livery folder. If these files are present, then file write permissions are working:

(acf name)_icon11.png

(acf name)_icon11_thumb.png

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks Mitch, I haven't updated yet, but glad to hear things are improving for some.

The change log states:

- Tuned fog to be less foggy in good vis, more foggy in bad vis.

And indeed there is a subtle difference. I tooka few screenshots for comparison. I would say it's most noticeable at the near trees on the right.

Beta 5 (25 sea miles):

Cessna_172SP_1_PB5.jpg

Beta 6 (25 sea miles):

Cessna_172SP_1_PB6.jpg

Beta 5 (50 sea miles):

Cessna_172SP_2_PB5.jpg

Beta 6 (50 sea miles):

Cessna_172SP_2_PB6.jpg

Beta 5 (100 sea miles):

Cessna_172SP_3_PB5.jpg

Beta 6 (100 sea miles):

Cessna_172SP_3_PB6.jpg

One way to independently check if it's a file permission issue is with the "Generate icons" feature that replaces the question marks on added .acf files. That creates files like the ones below in the top folder menu for the plane and in every livery folder. If these files are present, then file write permissions are working:

(acf name)_icon11.png

(acf name)_icon11_thumb.png

Thanks very much, I'll check this. I'm new to Windows after having used Mac OS X for many years.

The change log states:

And indeed there is a subtle difference. I tooka few screenshots for comparison. I would say it's most noticeable at the near trees on the right.

I'm glad they've turned this down a bit. It was a little too strong for my taste. I guess now that the devs who didn't listen to Ben's advice (like xEnviro which I really like) will need to release an update to compensate

I, too, am wondering what is the best way to update to PB6?  Should we use the installer?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor