Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Beta 6 is out

Coming from 20 or 60 or 120 or...? ;) 12 fps doesn't tell me much. I myself see no real improvement in performance with pb6.

From around 25ish to 35 to 40 - this is the best beta yet for me 

Visual only, I think.

John

Thank you John

Rich Sennett

From around 25ish to 35 to 40 - this is the best beta yet for me

Wow, that's huge... that is a 50% improvement. There HAS to be something else causing this because no one else is getting this difference. I certainly don't. Are you sure there are no settings changed somehow...? Drivers? Weather addon? Anything?

Wow, that's huge... that is a 50% improvement. There HAS to be something else causing this because no one else is getting this difference. I certainly don't. Are you sure there are no settings changed somehow...? Drivers? Weather addon? Anything?

Nothing changed if so I would have told you - running xenviro as usual - not touched any graphic settings - no idea why its better but glad it is either way butter smooth so I dont chase fps - I was just curious so I checked it

Rich Sennett

Unfortunately Laminar does not have a solution. I went back and forth with support for a couple weeks before we both gave up. AMD support is terrible in both XP 10 and XP 11.

For more info, see my thread in this forum about it a few weeks ago. I was running a 390x.

It's disappointing because these are great cards in everything else.

This is a great card too. 

I just found that if you return to the INIT page, in my case, the FPS are back. So it's not unusable.. I do my stuff on the FMC and go back to the INIT page. It's like the FSX mouse cursor bug. I wont change my card for this issue for the time being.

Cheers :)

N.-

Carenado have provided dozens of continous updates for their X-Plane fleet in the last years to make use of new XP features or keep it compatible.

Indeed. For those coming from FSX/P3D: Carenado FSX/P3D <> Carenado X-Plane.

Aaaand off... ;-)

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

I saw the same.

From 26ish to 45-50 in the same area at the same settings. It's basically back where it was in Beta1.

I can only say that XP11 has been great in terms of performance from Beta 1. I never saw less fps as compared to XP 10, usually more. With hyperthreading off in the Bios, thread optimization off in nvidia control panel and photoscenery the performance is absolutely ok on a 4900K and a 980ti. However, I would also say that this should be the recommended requirement, if not the minimal requirement. The card is regularly at 5.5 GB memory load. A 8GB card should be the standard for XP11. 

Hans

I saw the same.

From 26ish to 45-50 in the same area at the same settings. It's basically back where it was in Beta1.

And he didnt believe me  :wink:

Rich Sennett

This is a great card too. 

I just found that if you return to the INIT page, in my case, the FPS are back. So it's not unusable.. I do my stuff on the FMC and go back to the INIT page. It's like the FSX mouse cursor bug. I wont change my card for this issue for the time being.

Yep, it sucks because they are great cards in everything else, especially for the money.  I sent you a long PM in response to yours, so won't go deep here, but...

Anybody running an AMD GPU, beware of X-Plane, terrible support on AMD hardware from Laminar Research currently.  Support is fully aware, but unable at this point to correct it unfortunately.  For actual comparisons I have a thread on this very topic that has all the details form a few weeks ago in this forum.  This applies to both XP10 or XP11.

And, regarding the current XP11 build to stay on topic, no obvious issues, will be a great sim, but still waiting for them to get framerates up to at least close (ish) to XP10 levels or at least better than PB3-6, then I'll switch over fully.  Till then, sticking with and still loving XP10.51, where I get 50+% better performance all the time in the same planes, scenery, settings, weather etc.  And yes, this is on a Nvidia 1070 GPU w/ i7 6700K desktop.

We all have not gotten the magic bump in performance Rich is enjoying with PB6.

Can anyone perhaps with a similar video card, test this issue i'm having to see if you get the same thing..

I've been testing around NYCX DD, aiming at the city i typically now with pb6 get 37-39 fps to start (clear skies) (in VR is where i get this reading, but the same drop shows if you just run in regular 2D)..

If i turn up texture quality to max from high (now at the second from end notch).. boom.. 15-20 fps aiming at the buildings, turn away back to 40+..
(only shows up after you close and reopen XP)

So for now i leave it on high.. i'm not sure why this is the case.. it said it was using 6gb of textures.. i have the 1080 ftw hybrid, with 8gb of memory however.

I was hoping maybe someone else could prove its not some weird isolated issue i'm having or maybe a bug (which has been around through the last few builds)?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I'm getting a bit better FPS, nothing drastic, but a few frames more is better than a few frames less.

I initially had a crash on loading the flight - kind of strange: 'Null textures - how?'. Before I sent a bug report, I decided I would see if it was anything particular to my system, since I'd earlier updated my install on my laptop and it was fine there. Deleted preferences, and it was all okay.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Seems to be running nice and smoothly now.  I don't seem to be getting as high FPS as I was getting before, but what I am getting is consistent.  Looks like it's hovering right around the 25-30FPS range.

I did have one crash... or at least my plane crashed.  Came in too hard on a landing, and my Cessna was reduced to a fiery wreck! 

2r2oyyp.png

Is this something new?  I don't remember crashes being quite so spectacular before.

Now that I'm looking at the screenshot, I notice that the shadow still shows wings even though the plane has none.  I wonder if I should submit a bug report?  Better yet, maybe I shouldn't crash my plane.  They say any landing you can walk away from is a good one.  I'm not sure if I would have been able to walk away from that!

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's new and a port over from their mobile platform. Nice catch with the shadows under the wings BTW, this should be reported as a bug.

Yes, it's new and a port over from their mobile platform. Nice catch with the shadows under the wings BTW, this should be reported as a bug.

Those are the "Angels" wings Tony!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is that last sentence in your crash screenshot......

"You can prevent this in the future by flying more..........."

".........and attempting to land less"

• Upvote 1