Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Beta 6 is out

I gained maybe 2-3 fps at best (could be anything causing the increase, maybe even a placebo effect). The flashing textures in-cockpit have disappeared (Carenado/REP B58). Crosswind takeoffs are just as bad as ever.

Any difference in the helis ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Any difference in the helis ? 

What sort of performance are you getting with default scenery. I'm getting 20fps with Mac OS X and 60fps with Windows and a 1070

Should we use the installer?

When you start XP (10 or 11) it will tell you that a new beta is available.  If you choose to let it install, it will veryify/download the proper installer and then do its thing.

So far, the main problems I have had are taken care of with pb6.  The haze is less intense, rendering better (in my opinion) color/clarity.  The gradient in the sky is still there, but so many other little things and the biggie (framerates) are better. The engines are still smokey.  I have had no problems other than adjusting my mind away from the torque settings I had to adjust to in pb5.  I think it is on its way to going full 11.

John

John Wingold

What sort of performance are you getting with default scenery. I'm getting 20fps with Mac OS X and 60fps with Windows and a 1070

I was in the Mig21 will fire up XP11 now. stdby please. 

Thanks Mitch, I haven't updated yet, but glad to hear things are improving for some.

Well...my first 'glaring'...but the only one so far...too much thrust/idle, and too much power at the lowest, pulled back throttle lever settings.

The Baron 58 is running at 1,000 RPM at idle, and this can't be correct by the prop thrust available at that RPM. I release the brakes, and can practically run up to 20 knots...from a stand still. 

Before B5, I have never had B5/B6, too much thrust, under a fully idled throttle(s).  There still seems to be too much thrust/power at minimal throttle settings....bummer!

I found that in Beta 5 with the default Cessna it was the same, it was quite hard to control on the ground (especially when you add in the default screeching sound) as it was far too quick. For a default aircraft, I would have thought this was a top priority (it's a beautiful model otherwise)

I found that in Beta 5 with the default Cessna it was the same, it was quite hard to control on the ground (especially when you add in the default screeching sound) as it was far too quick. For a default aircraft, I would have thought this was a top priority (it's a beautiful model otherwise)

For me fps is the same.  I have to switch off CSM (shadows and i gain around 7 fps from 10 so total 17), they still need to optimize. Though i fly @12 fps too . mouse look is off

Can you try your helis ? 

There is an issue with the throttle ? i put the breaks off and on idle the 172 is moving forward. Looks like high rpm.

Well...my first 'glaring'...but the only one so far...too much thrust/idle, and too much power at the lowest, pulled back throttle lever settings.

The Baron 58 is running at 1,000 RPM at idle, and this can't be correct by the prop thrust available at that RPM. I release the brakes, and can practically run up to 20 knots...from a stand still. 

Before B5, I have never had B5/B6, too much thrust, under a fully idled throttle(s).  There still seems to be too much thrust/power at minimal throttle settings....bummer!

Hi Mitch,

Using Simcoder's REP for the B58, I can get the idle down to 700 RPM easy, if I don't adjust the mixture, I'll foul the plugs. So the behavior you describe could be in the default B58?

On Mac OS X (my dev laptop) with beta 5 I get about 18fps, with the 1070 on Windows 10, I get 40fps (baring in mind this is without the Retina display)

I see no improvement in FPS, but it's quite flyable for me (but I wouldn't complain at increased performance)

Wow it looks amazing with the ortho scenery of San Francisco area , yeah the fog seems to be less.

Somewhere over Half Moon Bay

Cessna_172_SP_1.png

See smoke from the back of the 172, damn she is smoking.

Just give me 10 fps more and i will be a happy flyer

Is the C172 still giving out black smoke, that needs fixing?

Yes the smoke is there. I think she is burning oil

started losing fps , went from 18 to 8 :( 

Pity, my C172 in B3 was giving out clouds of black smoke, it made it look like it was about to die like my car. No way to turn it off so it seems.