Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Beta 6 is out

No go, seems the fps drops issue still persists is my guess. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Wow it looks amazing with the ortho scenery of San Francisco area , yeah the fog seems to be less.

Somewhere over Half Moon Bay

See smoke from the back of the 172, damn she is smoking.

Just give me 10 fps more and i will be a happy flyer

Nice shot.. are you using overlays for autogen or strictly ortho scenery?  What ZL is that.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Nice shot.. are you using overlays for autogen or strictly ortho scenery?  What ZL is that.

Thanks.

For "autogen" i am using W2XP_America from simheaven. 

I had around 60 GB of Z17 but due to low hdd space and memory i had to delete all and redo @z16 with airport areas @Z17 with a 5 km radius. Still on Reno Nevada and the area of San Francisco is only done. More to do.

Thanks.

For "autogen" i am using W2XP_America from simheaven. 

I had around 60 GB of Z17 but due to low hdd space and memory i had to delete all and redo @z16 with airport areas @Z17 with a 5 km radius. Still on Reno Nevada and the area of San Francisco is only done. More to do.

Ah i see ok, is W2XP considered "better" than the Overlay that is part of ortho4xp? (sorry slightly offtopic, but curious)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hi Mitch,

Using Simcoder's REP for the B58, I can get the idle down to 700 RPM easy, if I don't adjust the mixture, I'll foul the plugs. So the behavior you describe could be in the default B58?

Yes, it is the default that I was using.  1,000 rpm, (that is my 'default' idle, throttle levers fully retarded) and if I let it run down the runway at idle throttles...I can run up to almost 38 knots....!!!!  WTH?!?!

I found out you can turn off the smoke, at least in the one test I did with the default C172:

Load the plane into PlaneMaker, then click to Standard / Engine Specs. There is an option on the lower right called "exhaust dirtiness 1.0 (ratio to default)"

I changed the 1.0 setting to 0.01 (lowest possible), saved out the plane with a different name, loaded it, and no smoke. 
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

is xEnviro working ok with it?

It's working in the sense that nothing is crashing and I'm getting the same results as before. Not working so well for showing the current METAR outside my window, but that goes into the general complaints file. The new beta6 isn't breaking it, as far as I can tell.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Ah i see ok, is W2XP considered "better" than the Overlay that is part of ortho4xp? (sorry slightly offtopic, but curious)

I don't think it's better because it is a 2016 data , XP11 probably has a newer data for that "autogen" , i use plainly for building heights and somehow i get performance with it. 

From the developer of W2XP, I'm saying you're best with the default. The W2XP was designed to look good in Europe, not in the US, so the autogen looks better. There is a project to customise the US artwork http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105685-usa-west-real-life-development-on-final/ using W2XP, so hopefully this will be out soon

From the developer of W2XP, I'm saying you're best with the default. The W2XP was designed to look good in Europe, not in the US, so the autogen looks better. There is a project to customise the US artwork http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105685-usa-west-real-life-development-on-final/ using W2XP, so hopefully this will be out soon

Ah thanks.. so in general the w2xp overlays folder is a better bet then.. except in the usa.. ill keep an eye out for that update on the US portion (seems to be mostly usa-west though), thanks

I found out you can turn off the smoke, at least in the one test I did with the default C172:

Load the plane into PlaneMaker, then click to Standard / Engine Specs. There is an option on the lower right called "exhaust dirtiness 1.0 (ratio to default)"

I changed the 1.0 setting to 0.01 (lowest possible), saved out the plane with a different name, loaded it, and no smoke. 

Did it and thanks. It's under the sub option SFC / Sound. thank you

I'm getting an error when I try to use real world weather [weather download failed].  Note that I'm only using default X-Plane 11. 

Anyone else having this issue?

Also weather-cocking is not any better for me with the 172 than it was in Beta 4/5.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I'm not sure we'll see the weathervaning issue improve on the default aircrafts (although I reckon it should be one of the priorities), unless the ground physics plays indeed a significant part on it. This is uncertain at the moment.

If instead it only depends on the flight model (i.e. on the forces produced by the vertical stabilizer + fuselage), the good thing is that it could (and should) be tackled by 3rd party aircraft developers.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]