Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Beta 6 is out

For all who have trouble with the mouse look inside the cockpit, try to disable/remove "headshake" plugin seems to fix the issue.

It might be this one or some other camera plugin, since they rebuilt the DLL that loads plugins in this version. More info about that here in the dev blog:

http://developer.x-plane.com/

If disabling headshake or xcamera in the drop-down plugin menu doesn't work, try temporarily removing any camera-based plugin from /Resources/plugins. If that fixes it, file a bug report.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Use Shift + C and it works.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I have some very detailed data, down to individual trees. It works well in both the old and new laptop because I don't generate roads and cars, they are an absolute killer.

Are you referring to disabling roads and cars when using just ortho4xp i assume? Is there a trick to doing that outside of using the w2xp versions that are stripped down without roads?

My initial tests comparing PB3 with PB6 seem to show no difference in FPS (edit: actually maybe about 2 fps Less), this using NYCX DD as a baseline with flyinside + vr and clear skies.. still getting the same rate.. 40-43 initially aimed at the city from a few miles back (about 34fps with partly cloudy Xenviro going on), this also with CSM turned off via a LUA script (cockpit/wing shadows)

If i turn back to default the cockpit shadows (CSM) i see about 34 fps instead of the 40 before Xenviro loads under PB6 (again, in pb3, with csm shadows off around 42 or so). With cockpit shadows I see about 27 once xenviro draws partly cloudy. So I still save 7 turning them off

I may be losing my mind or this was just from my fsx conversions, but should there be about 7 or 8 aerosoft labeled folders in the custom scenery (i seem to have them on a bare install too).. things like "Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow"

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I may be losing my mind or this was just from my fsx conversions, but should there be about 7 or 8 aerosoft labeled folders in the custom scenery (i seem to have them on a bare install too).. things like "Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow"

​Yes. Some simple airports, the same that shipped with XP10.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

b6 is also complaining that Navigraph data is incompatible with XP11. I reinstalled the files using the Navigraph Manager but the error message persists. I guess I'll pop over to .org and see what's the story.

EDIT: I skipped b4 and b5 because of the various user comments. Apparently this error was also in b5 and supposedly fixed in b6:

• XPD-7437 Crash on startup due to missing navaid entry (Navigraph).

Looking good down there, I can see my house ;-)

What general area is this shot from.. very nice shot

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

pb6 freezes the view if you use two monitors, and the second monitor has the popup map or GPS. Too bad...

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

So far my fps are better than in beta 1. Flywithlua works perfectly. I'm running ixeg 737 with lua script, so far no problem

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Performance seems better all around for me, fps up 4-5 in New York City with the DD City and Airport Packs. So far so good. I also skipped Beta 3 and 4.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I think b6 is slightly better than b5, about a few fps more and less stuttering.

But I'm still having terrible fps with Ortho4XP tiles. Wonder there is sth in tiles specifically incompatible with b5, b6.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

FPS improved and the S76 flies much better. I like this beta build.

I wish they'd add the remainder of the scenery. Southern Australia is under water.

NAX669.png

Performance seems better all around for me, fps up 4-5 in New York City with the DD City and Airport Packs. So far so good. I also skipped Beta 3 and 4.

Cheers, Pete

Anyone happen to compare Pb3 to Pb6, particularly in this area too?  (just trying to see if my results are accurate.. basically the same fps maybe 2 less than with pb3)

I exited and restarted XP11 and this time the weather downloaded ok.  Weather-cocking was unchanged.

I'm also seeing this weather download failed..

My FPS is way up. Getting 50FPS in normal areas now where I was barely getting 30 before.

The prop issue is partially resolved. The 172 idles at 800 RPM now, which is still too high, but the top of the power curve is right so it's not as much of a deal breaker now.