Sign in to follow this  
CaptLou

Propellers disappear in scenery

Hello:   I fly in FSX-SE on a Win 10 computer.   I have found that my add-on, prop driven aircraft have the propellers disappear when close to scenery such as buildings, trees, etc.  It appears as if the propeller goes behind the building, tree, etc even though I am parked in front or flying over. This does not happen with the original aircraft that came with the flight sim.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

What particular aircraft?  Sometimes a different prop spin.bmp will fix that.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sounds like an aircraft that was originally made for FS 2004 and ported into FSX.  On these aircraft the original prop spin texture is often a black disc, but a replacement texture for FSX will look normal until it is viewed with clouds, some trees, and some buildings behind the texture.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Stans:    That is exactly what is happening.  I just wondered it there was a way to overcome this.  It can be a bit disconcerting when using outside view.

Stans:    That is exactly what is happening.  I just wondered it there was a way to overcome this.  It can be a bit disconcerting when using outside view.

THE most simple way is to let us know exactly which aircraft download you are using.  It could be a simple matter

of finding a replacement prop.bmp.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

For FS 2004 aircraft ported to FSX, there is no fix as this issue relates to how the 3D model was made and how it is displayed in FSX SP2, FSX Acceleration, and FSX Steam.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It really would be helpful to know which add on aircraft have this problem?

Bill

It really would be helpful to know which add on aircraft have this problem?

Bill

Shhh!   It's a secret! :wink:

Charlie Aron

Sorry:    took a while to get back to this.  The problem is really with ALL add-on aircraft.  I think Stans is correct when he says this is caused by importing FS2004 aircraft.  Just to satisfy the people who want a specific name: gac46v2.zip   Curtis Commando by Libardo Guzman, et al.  Gmax modifications by Tom Gibson.  FSX panel installed.

I have seen it with the some of the excellent Manfred Jahn freeware aircraft which have been ported over to FSX from FS9, but he provides alternative texture files for the propellers which resolve the problem.

Bill