Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

FSDT Default Scenery shows up

FSDT still haven't accepted me as a forum user, so I'm on AVSIM for now with support.

What is happening? I have no extra afcads for this scenery. Reinstalled, removing addon manager, I honestly have no idea. Any others had this issue?

JYq9qaJ.png

That looks like either Hilo or Kona?  They don't have jetways at those locations.  They do have them at Maui PHOG.

Dan Downs KCRP

That looks like either Hilo or Kona?  They don't have jetways at those locations.  They do have them at Maui PHOG.

Not worried about Jetways this time (Although at PHOG I still get the "no jetway" issue) but more of the issue of "default scenery" is bleeding through and I have no idea why.

Get a copy of the free Simple Airport Scanner from Scruffyduck and check for any duplicate AFCADs.  This happens when using traffic addons or sometimes with Orbx scenery. Worth the time to check.

Dan Downs KCRP

Get a copy of the free Simple Airport Scanner from Scruffyduck and check for any duplicate AFCADs.  This happens when using traffic addons or sometimes with Orbx scenery. Worth the time to check.

Already tried it, scan showed no extra PHKO sceneries, I can try again though.

EDIT: It found another FTX .bgl, but still no luck for PHOG

I have the same issue with FSDT PHLI scenery. Since I've installed REX WorldWide Airports HD, a building from REX WWA HD is showing on top of the add-on buildings. Seems to me, unless there's something duplicated which is still a mistery, that FSDT used default buildings for some portions of its sceneries in Hawaii. I ended up don't paying attention to this strange issue, and even if it's not correct it looks not so bad! :Hmmmph: .

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

That's Kona. It looks like you have ORBX files for Kona in there, is that right? If so, you have to remove ORBX Kona files for FSDT to appear clean.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

That's Kona. It looks like you have ORBX files for Kona in there, is that right? If so, you have to remove ORBX Kona files for FSDT to appear clean.

That's a good point. I'll try disabling the entry for ORBX's freeware NA airports, that includes several hawaiian airports to see the results.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Usually there are just 3 or files you have to disable. The ones ending with PHKO will cover Kona. Just disable those. I think its just 3.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Exactly, I've had several purchased airports showing default taxi signs that were traced back to an Orbx duplication.  Irony is even when the purchased airport was from Orbx; case in point is KMRY Monterrey CA

Dan Downs KCRP

Usually there are just 3 or files you have to disable. The ones ending with PHKO will cover Kona. Just disable those. I think its just 3.

Yes, for each airport there are more or less 3 files, but there are several airports, so at least you'll have to disable 12 to 15 for all add-on airports, including FSDT plus other freeware by George Keogh, in case you have it. So I've found easier to disable the whole ORBX's NA freeware package when flying in Hawaii.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed