Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Pilots - Global Ultimate NG Mesh - Review

Hey everyone, I purchased the PIlots FS Global Ultimate Next Generation terrain mesh and wrote up a review of it. If you are interested you can download the PDF here.  

http://www.avsim.com/files/file/89-pilot-global-ultimate-ng-review/

regards,

Mark.

• Upvote 3

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Nice review, Mark.  If you ever do a 1.1 version of the review, I would like to see pics of the Orbx regions included for comparison (from a mesh perspective).

Not sure if my post was deleted, anyway good comparison, I'm upgrading from the previous version, hope worth it.

Edit. I found my another post in the another topic

Edited by bicha36

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Good review, thank you!

Some comments:

Purchase of the product was rather straight forward and I was able to take advantage of a discount as a previous customer of Pilot’s. At time of writing this discount is no longer available.

According to the website, this discount is available until end of January 2017:

We are running a time limited upgrade offer for FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation right now! Just log into your account (or create one), register the serial of the product you own and you will see the reduced price (EUR 54,99) in our webshop.

Don't wait too long, this offer WILL end January 31st 2017!

Regarding install size: Currently I installed only the mesh for Europe, this is only 8GB (compared to 70GB for the whole world). Very useful for small SSDs, and much smaller than the previous Europe mesh.

Airport Plateaus - The reason for the targeted approach rather than shotgun across all 23,000 airports in FSX/P3D is to prevent some rather nasty unwanted side effects (I

don’t know what those are, just reporting it here).

I have to try AFM2, but with the previous AFM from non-NG FS Global Ultimate, I had a problem at EDWO:

Without the AFM, the runway 27 threshold sits on a small plateau, because in real life this end would be lower. But when adding the AFM for EDWO, the shallow bank of the small lake when taking off towards the east becomes a steep cliff. For me the plateau was the lesser visual distraction.

I have to see how AFM2 works here.

Edit: AFM2 has the same problem, so I won't use it for EDWO. It is OK enough without.

ya i added my order number from the fss and fsglobal is offering a discount, it shows me 55.00 i believe, because i don't use fsx or p3d, i am not sure it's even worth it for me.

Very nice review. Well done.

I appreciate the unbiased approach in your discussion.

I too really like the Milviz 310R; just purchased it a couple of days ago. Nice all around.

[i noticed in your screenshots you have the same strange artifact with the port-side position light that I see. Floating a few feet from its correct position.] 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

ya i added my order number from the fss and fsglobal is offering a discount, it shows me 55.00 i believe, because i don't use fsx or p3d, i am not sure it's even worth it for me.

Not following... you don't use fsx or p3d? Do you use fsx se? Otherwise not really sure what you're doing with the product, as it's for those sims only?

i use fsx-se. i own p3d v3 but haven't used it in over 6 months because of oom's. if you add your order number from the fss to the fsglobal website, you will be offered the discount for fsglobal ng.

Very nice review. Well done.

I appreciate the unbiased approach in your discussion.

I too really like the Milviz 310R; just purchased it a couple of days ago. Nice all around.

[i noticed in your screenshots you have the same strange artifact with the port-side position light that I see. Floating a few feet from its correct position.] 

Yes those lights are floating about a foot outside of the position on the wing.  not sure why.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Nice review Mark. I just downloaded the entire planet's mesh from Toposim last night. After I get it installed I will compare it with Pilot's mesh in your test locations.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Has anyone compared it with the 5m mesh supplied with GenX in the uk please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png