Sign in to follow this  
MarioB

P3D jumps to the background on launch

I haven't run the sim since just before Xmas. Last week I got back to it and installed EZCA v2. When I opened the sim I got a black screen. I realized that it is running - in the background. When you select P3D you get a black screen, EZCA show that is trying to connect with simconnect.

I decided to do a complete re-install this week, using the recommended complete P3D download. Installed my addons one by one. Installed EZCA v2 again this morning. Working good. Added the Q400 and the Aerosoft A320/A321. OK. Added Multicrew experience, OK for one time. Then the problem reappeared again.

I read somewhere in the P3D forums that this may be due to a corrupt dll.xml file. I tested it last week after the first issues by deleting the addon entries and tested it again today. The sim loads OK when the addon entries are removed. The entries are ORBX, FSUIPC, RAASPRO, AS16 and MCE.

I tried to add the entries one by one but cannot find the culprit.

I spent more than two days fiddling around. I am done! Any insights as to what might be the problem? My dll file is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RAASPRO</Name>
<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>as_connect</Name>
<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
<Path>fsInsider.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Don't know if it will resolve your problem but the as16 entry should be last. You might also move FSUIPC to next to last and see if that helps.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the reply Vic. Any reasons why AS16 should be last and FSUIPC next to last? I am in the process of rebuilding the sim. So far so good. Installed FSUIPC, EZCA v2 and AS16+ASCA in that order - this time I installed the weather software on my main computer.

I am having the same issue.....

Stephen A. Crayton

Stephen, 

From what I read, it's due to a corrupt dll.xml. When I changed the addon order in that file, AS16 gave me a message to delete/repair my dll file. I have since then used Notepad++ and added the XML checker plugin. No syntax issues. In addition, someone from the P3D forums also cheked my file and said it was fine.

I have never had such issues with P3D nor AS before. AS16\ASCA and Proatc-x were installed on my client computer.

By reading the P3D forums, we aren't the only ones...

Best thing to do is installed the addons one by one and test.

Long thread on this at Pete Dawson's forum. It something to do with fsuipc. Suggest you go read it over there. There is also another thread on it at the LM P3D forum. Removing the fsuipc entry from the DLL.XML will allow it to start normally. Even Pete himself is currently stumped and has people testing things. Support from LM has also been requested. Temporary workaround is either roll back to v3.3.5 or you can reinstall fsuipc and it will allow it to start normally. But you may have to reinstall FSUIPC each time before you start p3d.

Eric 

I am having the same problem. Only I do not have an FSUIPC entry in either dll file.

Stephen

Long thread on this at Pete Dawson's forum. It something to do with fsuipc. Suggest you go read it over there. There is also another thread on it at the LM P3D forum. Removing the fsuipc entry from the DLL.XML will allow it to start normally. Even Pete himself is currently stumped and has people testing things. Support from LM has also been requested. Temporary workaround is either roll back to v3.3.5 or you can reinstall fsuipc and it will allow it to start normally. But you may have to reinstall FSUIPC each time before you start p3d.

Thanks, Eric

I finally have some tome to read the forums, and I did read what you mentioned. Pete released a 4.959m version that might help. Lots of good info on Pete's forum. I will have time to test today. So far my sim is OK, but I haven's played with nvidia surround yet. I have been baffled by this issue. It's encouraging that the Pete and the LM developers are involved.

I am having the same problem. Only I do not have an FSUIPC entry in either dll file.

Stephen

Interesting. Pete and LM are trying to narrow the issue. It may be something specific between W10 and the new HF2 by LM, or something else. I'll let the pros figure it out. I reinstalled the sim + addon twice. On 2nd install, it's OK, but I haven't installed all my addons - beside the ORBX scenery, GSX remains to be installed. More to come from the LM and FSUIPC posts. 

The dll issues are gone. I assumed the 4.959m release od FSUIPC did the trick.

New hotfix 3, same issue as before, P3D still runs in the background. This sim is starting to look like FSX... dll.xml is the issue. Yes I have the latest FSUIPC, Yes I can add the addon entries one by one in the dll file and yes I am running out of patience

More time spent fixing the damn sim and little/no flying...very frustrating.

Have you tried a different video driver?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Had same issue after installing latest update to AS16; found header on dll.xml in appdata had changed; edited it to read: <?xml version="1.0"?> and everything worked fine.

Brian DeLong

Have you tried a different video driver?

Vic

No Vic, I simply removed and re-installed the addons one by one (FSUIPC, AS16, MCE) but I left out the RAASPRO that was installed with the Aerosoft A320.

Removing the dll.exe addons entries enables the sim to run poperly, but for some reason simply re-adding them in the dll file is not sufficient and the sim runs in the background again. Re-installing the addons does the trick.

The only different procedure was to update FSUIPC with the full installer instead of replacing the FSUIPC.dll in the modules folder.

It worked.