Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Any way to display ILS frequencies contained in P3D?

For years I have been flying the PMDG 737/777 and RA T Duke.   With these they either have their own navaids or in the case of the Duke just uses the default Garmin and one can bring up navaid data thru that interface.  I'm now flying the Majestic Dash 8 and there appears to be no way to access the default navaid data within P3D.   Since I don't even know how to read charts and don't particularly care to learn, I just need the ILS frequencies that are within P3D.  Right now my only way to access an ILS for an arrival runway I open the archaic moving map which you can no longer scroll right/left in, and use zoom and try to find the arrival airport.

Any other way to get to the ILS freq within P3D?

Thanks in advance

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

in the avsim library is a program called "quick ils utility" that will rapidly look them up for you, although i don't know if that is close enough for your purposes to run a separate app instead of within p3d itself.

cheers

-andy crosby

Since I don't even know how to read charts and don't particularly care to learn,

if  you dont  read  charts  than how  do  you know  what stars or  sid  to take  and  what procedures  to follow,,  charts  are  very  simple  to read

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just follow the default ATC's guidance and use FSCaptain.  I don't portend to be authentic--it's how I have fun.

• Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but you can use external app to do this for you.

Here is VfrFlight (http://vfrflight.org). After you import data from Prepar3D, you can turn on ILS layer (green icon in the toolbar at the top).

Additionaly, you can check 'Info under mouse cursor' to get more information just below your mouse cursor.

Clipboard01.jpg

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

You can also use Plan G which will show all frequencies on the moving map and is great for flight planning either VFR or IFR. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Check this software

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

The one called "ILS Inspector" - It has slightly different purpose but you can use it to display the various frequency and datas of ILS - it will read direcly p3d DATA.

Easier solution you go here

https://flightplandatabase.com/airport/XXXX

And type airport ICAO code...

Awesome Sino that is exactly what I was hoping to find--thanks!

Nice All, problem solved ;o)

Thanks!

Noel

There is also the new freeware program called Little NavMap that many people are raving about!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Since the Q400 uses its own airac data for navigation, I am not certain that it will align correctly with the outdated navdata of P3D.

So, don't be surprised if you find yourself off to one side of the runway, while on approach. Having reasonably updated charts and associated airac data, is the price we pay to play with high fidelity add-ons such as the Q400. 

regards, Jazz

edit; I know that older versions of the Q400 had this quirk. I am not sure if it has been changed...yet!

There is also the new freeware program called Little NavMap that many people are raving about!

I second this suggestion wholeheartedly!

I still don't understand the point of updating navaids when the airport scenery/facilities aren't updated at the same time...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I still don't understand the point of updating navaids when the airport scenery/facilities aren't updated at the same time...

Yeah, it's a half-step improvement, but sometimes navaids (VORs, NDBs)  just change  frequencies and the layout of nearby runways is not affected. Or navaids are either  added or decommissioned. Another area of interest that stays static in flight sims are the Center boundaries and frequencies. All one has to do is look on a map at New York Center, for example and then compare that to the contents of bvcf.bgl in FSX/P3d. I guess that it's not as critical as to whether those frequencies and boundaries are realistic. I'm surprised that someone hasn't gone to the trouble of updating that file, at least for heavily trafficked areas of the globe. Maybe they have and I just am not aware of it's existence.