Sign in to follow this  
RISCfuture

Prepar3D: PMDG + FSUIPC = 1-second micro stutters

Hello, I'm not sure which add-on is to blame here, but if I use both a PMDG aircraft (737 or 777) and FSUIPC, I get small pauses once a second. Use any other aircraft and the frame rate is smooth. Disable FSUIPC and the frame rate is smooth.

Notes:

• Re-generating Prepar3D.cfg has no effect; still happens with default settings
  • Re-generating FSUIPC.ini has no effect; still happens with default settings
  • Clearing shaders has no effect
  • Autosave is disabled; and in any case, the stutter is regular at once a second

Wondering what else I can try to help address this problem.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan
DCS World (JTF-1), Falcon BMS (72nd VFW), Prepar3D v5

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/22DqFt

Hi Tim,

Do you have the autosave function turned on in FSUIPC? In my experience it can produce micro stutters in some configurations.

Martin

Martin Jancke

Flight Simulation & PMDG Enthusiast

IVAO Pilot (if time permits)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yep, autosave could be the problem. I switched it to 1 save in 10 minutes.

Hi Tim,

Do you have the autosave function turned on in FSUIPC? In my experience it can produce micro stutters in some configurations.

Martin

Yep, autosave could be the problem. I switched it to 1 save in 10 minutes.

This was my first thought, but his post notes that he has it turned off.

Kyle Rodgers

Wondering what else I can try to help address this problem.

As a further experiment, I'd turn off as many options as I could in FSUIPC to see if it makes a difference.  Also, is it the latest FSUIPC?  What about previous versions?

EDIT:  Also, does FSUIPC run anything (check the ini file).  Is there any LUA script running?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This was my first thought, but his post notes that he has it turned off.

reading is difficult... :blush:

To answer these questions -- yes I use Windows Defender but I have path and exe exclusions for Prepar3D. Anything else I should try there? Remember that the stuttering is ONLY with FSUIPC AND a PMDG aircraft.

I've tried with a fresh FSUIPC.ini; if there's any options that are on by default that I could turn off, I'll try that. I used to have "Lua log lvars" bound to a key but I've disabled it when I tried refreshing FSUIPC.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

Made some helpful progress debugging this.

The stutters go away if I disable PFChid but leave FSUIPC enabled. So it's clearly related to my PFC C2. Looking at the PFChid.log file, the only thing that happens once a second is a LandingGear macro event being fired. My PFC.ini file has this macro mapped to C1126 (no event)... is it possible that this is what's causing the brief pauses? There are also brief pauses if I unmap it and let the default mapping (landing gear lever) take priority, but of course this also results in the landing gear lever moving in and out of the locked position once a second…

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

OK, another helpful update. What I actually did was create a new PFC C2 macro file where I actually copied every single possible mapping from the CSV file and assigned them all to C1126 (no event). That fixed the stutters! So, given that, here's what we know:

• One of the PFChid default mappings must be "unmapped" in order to stop the stutters.
  • It's not the landing gear or any of the other defaults I had already unmapped back when I had the stutters.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

:smile:

Martin Jancke

Flight Simulation & PMDG Enthusiast

IVAO Pilot (if time permits)

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I do it all the time, and almost did it here, honestly.

Kyle Rodgers