Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

XP11, open map cant close it and load flight causes crash also no clouds? Crash on close XP too

I've had these issues in all the betas so far, now i'm on pb6..

First issue..

If you press M to bring up the map, then try to click the red circle to close it, it wont close.

If you press the window icon in the top right to make it a window and click the x on the window it wont close.

If you select clouds or clouds and precip on the map options, no overlay of this is shown.

At the same time.. i think due to X-camera (the latest beta for xp11 too), if you do the above steps then go to the menu and try to click load flight.. x-plane crashes.

edit: at least in terms of making it go away, seems if you press M twice it disappears..

One other one i see too, is that if i click close on the XP window.. often it goes to not responding then the whole thing crashes.

Anyone else running into any of these issues?

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

To close the map, you need to hover over the red circle until you see a hand with a finger pointing. If only the hand appears, it won't close.

I note that in Beta 6, when I try to drag the map to another monitor, the sim pauses until I close the map again. 

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Can anyone confirm that you see clouds/precip when the layer is activated, in beta 6? (i still dont)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

hi

yes the map does show clouds and wind layers in PB6. I also have no  problem in closing it. The only problem appears to be that if you try to Click on the map to put in windowed mode X -plane pauses until you reverse the click. This is a new issue that has arisen in the latest beta 6.

Mjleprix

hi

yes the map does show clouds and wind layers in PB6. I also have no  problem in closing it. The only problem appears to be that if you try to Click on the map to put in windowed mode X -plane pauses until you reverse the click. This is a new issue that has arisen in the latest beta 6.

Mjleprix

I cant get clouds/precip to show, no matter what i do, for some reason.

This is also happening to me since PB6. It only seems to occur when I open a previously saved Situation file. I literally have to close XP11 and restart. If I select New Flight all works as intended with the map even if setting the same starting location as the situation file. A real strange one. :fool:

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders