Sign in to follow this  
gc vcchm d

GTN 750 wont work due to Garmin TrainerLite Issue

Hi

I previously had the Garmin TrainerLite for my P3D installation which I removed some time ago. I am now coming to reinstall the Garmin TrainerLite as I need it for my RXP GTN 750. However, the installer thinks the software is already installed (it isnt) and when I select the "remove" option from the installer to attemp to get it to start a fresh I get the error "Unknown source 'vista_firewall_rule_ca.dll'" 

How do I fix this?

At the moment I cannot install or remove the trainer :(

I am running on Window 10 64-bit home.

Thanks

You could try clearing the Garmin Trainer out of your registry.  Click the Start/Window logo button and type REGEDIT.   When the reg editor comes up, use the search facility with terms like 'garmin' and/or 'trainerlite'.    When you find the entry, delete it.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Better start with the Microsoft tools designed for this particular issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I had a similar issue recently. I resolved it by uninstalling both the GTN 750 and the Garmin trainer and downloaded new versions even though I had used the update tool. All working fine now. Also worth deleting any entries relating to either program prior to a re-install as JYW suggests.