Sign in to follow this  
john1383

approach problem?

I usually plan my flights with the p2a UI and choose the approach from the appr option button on that screen.

I normally just take the default approach offered and the flight proceeds normally.

Today I thought I would click on the appr button and choose a different approach to a different runway.

No problem, the plan was written, validated and filed as usual and I flew the course of the written plan aiming for my chosen runway.

However nearing the destination I was given vectors to the runway that I was offered originally when I had pressed the "appr" button and not the one I had planned to use.

This has happened whenever I have chosen the "non-offered" approach runway, it seems to want to have you land there at all costs!

I presume this is not intended?

Otherwise for me everything is working beautifully.

John,

Sounds like you need to check the option "Force Pilot Runway Selection" on the FltPlan tab of config.  That will make ATC give you the planned runways for SIDS and Approaches.

Regards,

Dave