Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Can anyone please help - Saitek FIP and FSX

I have tried posting in hardware recently but no one seems to respond there,  Getting a reply from Saitek is not easy either, get passed around.

It is in FSX so grey line for this forum?  But  I am appealing for help from anyone.

Since Windows 10 did an update earlier in the week my FIP stopped working.  I restored back to the previous day.  All worked fine.  Installed the windows update again. Stopped working. Did this at least 3 times and the restore always fixed.  Now have the 10 update again and they fail to work.   You can see that poer is going tot thme, thney chage form black display to  slightly less black (sort of)

I also have Saitek Rudder/Multi panel/Radio Panel, switch panel these all work fine !

My USB devices are set to never power off. Tried on USB 2 & 3 connectors.
Reinstalled all the saitek drivers.

Now I have in the Saitek instal folder, 3 folders

DirectOutput
Pro Flight Panels
ProFlight FSX Plugin

In Direct Output have
SaiflighSim.xml
SaiFlightsimX.exe
SaiWinMediaPlayer.dll
DirectOutput.dll
SaiFlightSimX.exe.manifest

and then sub folder called
Gauges

Within Guages is another subfolder called 1024, and lots of .xml files for the gauges

Now what is confusing me a little is in the
Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin folder there is also

folder called
Gauges

and

the same files

SaiflighSim.xml
SaiFlightsimX.exe
SaiWinMediaPlayer.dll
DirectOutput.dll
SaiFlightSimX.exe.manifest

that are in
DirectOutput

Anyone know if this is correct.  Anyone know how to fix this.  Really pulling my hair out over this ( At least It cant send it grey as it already is !)

On the verge of binning or ebaying my 2 FIP's

;-(

Really appreciate if anyone can offer any advise

Cheers

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

The long term, one-time fix is to use the new SPAD.neXt.com to control all your Saitek devices. Btw Saitek was bought out by Logitech a few months ago.

Regards,

Ray

More info here http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/hardware/review-avionics-panel-by-volair-r3904

Thanks Ray Installed SPAD , managed to get the FIP to work with it,  but then terrible trouble with all my other hardware.  Even went to their website and downloaded profiles for my planes, but got issues like the Throttle on my PMDG 737 Would also apply the speed brake ..  Looks like I am just going to have to fly without my 2 FIP's.  Just don't have the  energy to spend days and days setting it all up.  Its a shame as SPAD looks promising,  but too complicated for me.  I need wizards that you just click a few buttons.  Maybe return to it again if I have more time.

Thanks for your advise anyway

Quest 2

Windows 11

The long term, one-time fix is to use the new SPAD.neXt.com to control all your Saitek devices. Btw Saitek was bought out by Logitech a few months ago.

Regards,

Ray

More info here http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/hardware/review-avionics-panel-by-volair-r3904

Hi All  , looks like I finally solved it,   9 hours after first boot up today !

I had been reinstalling all the "latest " Saitek software off their website for windows 10.

Well I dug out my original install disk,  deleted the Saitek direct output folder. 

Reinstalled it using the original disk and they are back  working again!

How strange that the older software seems to work  since windows 10 updated , but the latest doesn't.

Oh well at least its working (for now!)   Mayby I should leave my pc on constantly in case it stops working after a  reboot !

Cheers

Quest 2

Windows 11