Sign in to follow this  

I downloaded PTA and ran the exe.  I got a message in the log saying there was an error.  I don't think I have ever messed with any of the original shader settings unless Rex textures did or Active Sky.  The message is as follows:

"ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used"

I haven't done anything other than run the exe and haven't saved anything in PTA.  I was hoping for someone to point me in the right direction.  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I downloaded PTA and ran the exe.  I got a message in the log saying there was an error.  I don't think I have ever messed with any of the original shader settings unless Rex textures did or Active Sky.  The message is as follows:

"ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used"

I haven't done anything other than run the exe and haven't saved anything in PTA.  I was hoping for someone to point me in the right direction.  Thanks

Seems that your original P3D's cloud.fx was modified by REX textures installer. You must have your original P3D cloud.fx file in place, otherwise PTA will not work. Try to restore it from a backup REX textures could create.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Did I mess something up in P3D or did I just make it so PTA doesn't work? I'm not too technical so I don't want to start messing with things and digging myself deeper into a hole. If PTA simply didn't load correctly and I am good with my previous settings than I can live with that

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

No you didn't mess somthing up in P3D. PTA requires original cloud.fx shader to work. As Ed wrote above, this file was modified by REX settings. You can just restore it to original state and start PTA again.

Hope it helps.

cloudsizin_6187752_24772406.jpg

cheers,

Thank you!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.